At times you might want to restrict access to your records from other users. Now is the time we can introduce you to the concept of Global data sharing policy.
The global data sharing policy allows you to limit or restrict access based on ownership of your records.
By default, the access rights of all the records are set to Public Read/Write. This means that all your users have access to each other's records and can make modifications under the same.
To proceed to Global Data Sharing Policies,
- Navigate to the Profile Icon on top corner
- Click on Set Up
- Head over to User's & Security category
- Click on Global Data Sharing Policies.
- Here, you can set an accessibility for User to allow or restrict the rights to access the different modules.
- You can provide the following types of access levels to a user in Salesmate:
- Private : Only the record owner and his/her superior can view the record.
- Public Read Only : Users can view others' records but cannot modify and delete the records.
- Public Read/Write : Other users can view, modify and delete the records.
Quick NoteUsing the Share Data with Peers option you can enable sharing of data among users of the same role. For example, two marketing managers can see each other's records when "Share data with peers" is selected.