FielSalesmate comes with a minimalistic approach to CRM. While this is sufficient for many Salesmate customers, some customers may still need some field that is more specific to their organization’s needs.
- If you need a field in Salesmate that does not exist by default, it can always be added as a custom field.
- Using form layouts and custom fields you can capture all required info and reposition fields in desired order.
- This feature is available for contact, company, deal and activity modules.
Note: Admin rights are required to perform certain actions listed in this article
A. Create Custom Fields and Layout
Custom Fields are the most powerful way of achieving a successful organization-specific CRM system.
The Custom Fields can be placed under various sections which are editable and can be renamed as per users requirement. After you create new Custom Fields, you can change their position on the form from the Layout section.
To Create New Custom Fields:
- Click Setup
- Select the desired Module for which Custom Field has to be created
- Click on "New Custom Field"
- Choose from the Field types –
- Date time
- Phone URL
- Big Integer
- Text Area
- Pick List
- Provide the Label Name
- List the Section Name in which Custom Field will appear
- Mark the Field Required if needed to be mandatory
- Click Save
- Provide necessary information in the required field
- Select Pick List fields like multi-select or select field if needed to map dependency fields
- You can choose to add it to the desired section in your layout
B. How to add “Section” in the form layout?
Sections are useful for grouping fields together. If you want to create a section where all relevant fields should appear in the Form, a section is a way to achieve it.
Section Name: Social
Fields: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Click on the New Custom Field icon on the drop-down arrow
- Click on Add New Section
- Provide a Section Name
Select layout option to render fields in one or two column layouts
Upon configuration, this is how your Section with Fields should look like.
C. How can I change the position of the Section?
You can change the position of the Section with dragging and dropping to the desired position.
D. How can I change the position of the Field?
You can change the section in which the Custom Field appears by dragging and dropping them at the required section. You can also assign the section while creating the Custom Field.
E. How can I delete or Edit Custom Field?
You can edit or delete the Custom Field by hovering over the particular Custom Field and selecting Edit or Delete icon appearing.
Confirm Action: Once this action is performed all related data will be lost and would not be recovered.
F. How can I Activate or Deactivate a Custom Field?
- A user can remove Custom Field to Inactive Fields section if not required by moving them to the Left side of the screen under Inactive section.
- A user can add Custom Field to System Fields section if required to be in Active mode by moving them to the right side of the screen under System Fields section.
G. How to create and “Map Dependency” fields?
There are certain fields whose values depend on another field's value. For example, the values in the state field will depend on the country that you select from the country field.
Note: “Map Dependency Fields” can only be created for “Select” and “Multi-select” field types.
- Create custom Fields (Pick List Fields) -
- Select Field
- Multi Select Field
For select and multi-select field types you can add multiple values
- Add a Parent Field
- Add a Child Field
- Click on Map Dependency Fields
- Click on Create
Create and Map dependency for picklist fields.
Map “Parent Field” to a “Child Field”. Example “Country” to a “State”
Select values of child field dependent upon each parent value
H. Where will the custom fields appear?
Depending on the module you added it to, the custom fields will appear at the below places:
Example: We added a select field "Country" and "State" in Deal.
1. Add / Edit a Record
- Select the options while composing your records
2. List view
3. Detail view
4. Quick view
5. Custom view
6. Import view