Note: Admin rights are required to perform certain actions listed in this article
A. Create Custom Fields and Layout
Custom Fields are the most powerful way of achieving a successful organization-specific CRM system. One of the key elements of Salesmate is its capacity to allow custom fields and the flexibility to do so. These custom fields will be available to all the users added to his organization's CRM account if access has been given like visibility or read only. The Custom Fields can be placed under various sections which are editable and can be renamed as per user requirement. After you create new Custom Fields, you can change their position on the form from the Layout section.
To Create New Custom Fields:
- Click Setup > Customization > Fields.
- Select the desired Module for which Custom Field has to be created.
- Click on + Add New Custom Field.
- Choose from the Field types – Text, Integer, Decimal, Date, Date time, Percentage, Email, Phone URL, Big Integer, Text Area, Pick List, Boolean, Multi Select, Currency
- Provide necessary information in the required field
- You can choose to add it to the desired section in your layout
- Click Save
You can also add Custom fields directly from your Layout. Access it from Setup > Customization > Layout.
B. Where will the custom fields appear?
Depending on the module you added it to, the custom fields will appear at the below places:
Example: We added a multi-select field "Industry" in Company.
1. Add / Edit a Record
2. List view
3. Detail view
4. Quick view
5. Custom view
6. Import view