Workflow management helps you to automate your business activities. They are a set of rules that are executed when certain specified conditions are met. These rules can include email alerts, tasks, field updates and webhooks that can be set as an instant action or time-based actions.
You can also communicate with third-party applications by sending instant web notification (one-way) every time an event occurs in Salesmate i.e. via Webhooks.
This helps in:
- Improves efficiency by eliminating the manual work of assigning tasks.
- Reduces operating costs.
- Improves business processes through standardized working methods.
Workflow can be managed by following steps -
- Click on the Profile icon
- Go to Setup
- Go to Sales Automation
- Click on Workflow Management
- Click on New Rule
1. Basic Information (Specify the basic details for the rule, such as Name and Description)
- Module (Select the module on whose action the workflow will execute)
- Rule Name
2. Execute on (Choose an action based on which the rule will be executed)
- Create: Executes the Workflow Rule when a record is created in the above-selected Module.
- Update: Executes the Workflow Rule when an existing record is edited in the above-selected Module.
- Create or Update: Executes the Workflow Rule when a new record is created OR an existing record is updated.
- Field Update: Executes the Workflow Rule when the specified field(s) are updated.
- Delete: Executes the Workflow Rule when an existing record is deleted in the above-selected Module.
- Date Based: Executes the workflow Rule based on the specified date and time field.
- Activity Based: Executes the workflow Rule based on the specified date and time field.
3. Rule Criteria (The rule will be executed that match the following rule criteria)
- Logic (OR/AND)
- Condition (Field/Condition)
4. Actions (Instant and time-based actions can be set as per your business needs)
- Send Alerts ( Emails )
- Assign Activities
- Update Fields
- Call Webhooks
Send Alert - Let's you automate sending emails to contacts on trigger set above
Assign Activities - Automate Task creation on above trigger points (You can create activities in bulk on contact create or update)
Update Fields:The fields can be updated from here.
Locked – Locking the workflow will prevent future update and deletion of the workflow by other users apart from the workflow creator.
Active – Enabling this button will allow your workflow to Execute with related Actions set in your workflows.