Workflow management helps you to automate your business activities. They are a set of rules that are executed when certain specified conditions are met. These rules can include email alerts, tasks, field updates, and webhooks that can be set as instant action or time-based actions.
Workflow can be managed by the following steps -
- Navigate to the Profile icon on the top right corner
- Click on Setup
- Head over to the Sales Automation category
- Click on Workflow Management
Steps to Create Workflow Automation:
- Click on New Rule
1. Basic Information (Specify the basic details for the rule, such as Name and Description)
- Module (Select the module on whose action the workflow will execute)
- Rule Name
2. Execute on (Choose an action based on which the rule will be executed)
- Create: Executes the Workflow Rule when a record is created in the above-selected Module.
- Update: Executes the Workflow Rule when an existing record is edited in the above-selected Module.
- Create or Update: Executes the Workflow Rule when a new record is created OR an existing record is updated.
- Field Update: Executes the Workflow Rule when the specified field(s) are updated.
- Delete: Executes the Workflow Rule when an existing record is deleted in the above-selected Module.
- Date Based*: Executes the workflow Rule based on the specified date and time field. [ Available on Growth Plan only ]
- Activity Based: Executes the workflow Rule based on the specified date and time field.
3. Rule Criteria (The rule will be executed that match the following rule criteria)
- Logic (OR/AND)
- Condition (Field/Condition)
4. Actions (Instant and time-based actions can be set as per your business needs)
Send Alert - Let's you automate sending emails to contacts on the trigger set above
Create Deal - This action helps to create a new deal automatically.
Assign Activities - Automate Task creation on the above trigger points (You can create activities in bulk on contact create or update)
Update Fields: The fields can be updated from here.
Enroll to Sequence - This action helps to enroll contacts/deals to a specific sequence.
Locked – Locking the workflow will prevent future updates and deletion of the workflow by other users apart from the workflow creator.
Active – Enabling this button will allow your workflow to Execute with related Actions set in your workflows.