A. What are deals?
- Deals are sales opportunities which generate business for an organization.
- Various synonyms for Deals are Opportunities, Potentials, etc.
- Deals move along a Sales Pipeline from one stage to another until they are closed (won/lost).
- Sales Revenue can be forecasted based on the deals a salesperson is working upon.
Deals are the initiating points for any sales activity. They are sales opportunities derived from a contact or company you initiate your dialogue with. Deals brought together, form the Sales Pipeline.
To better understand how this relationship with Contacts and Deals works, please review our article on how your data is organized.
Once you click on a deal, you'll be presented with its detail page, which displays all Contact information, Company information, and all Activities, Emails, notes, and actions in regards to the Deal.
- Deals can be associated with a Person and/or Company.
- Deals track all events and movements that take place throughout the sales process.
- Since a Deal is connected to a contact, any actions you perform on the Deal will also be associated with the Contact/Company related to it.
B. How to add a deal?
Deals can be added to the system by various methods:
- Deal Listing Page: Deal > Add Deal
- Contact Details Page: View a Contact > Click "+Deal"
- Company Details Page: View a Company > Click "+Deal"
- Contact Quick View: Click on the three-dotted button > Click "Add Deal"
- Company Quick View: Click on the three-dotted button > Click "Add Deal"
- Quick Add "+" button: Add Deal
By clicking on +Deal dialogue box, an Add New Deal form opens up, wherein you can start by providing Title to the Deal which will help you in identifying the purpose of creating the Deal.
Note: All Fields with* identification is a mandatory field.
Here under the Information Header in Contact field, you could just associate this deal with the contact you already have in the system.
In case if you start typing the name which has a different set of character and “No Result Found” message is displayed, the system will give you an option to create a new entry through Quick Add Contact by clicking “Create New Contact” by providing minimal information.
You can list the Company under Company field and select the Company if already available in the database or create a new entry by providing information to Quick Add Company popup window by clicking on “Create New Company”.
This field lets you choose the Deal owner from the drop-down list, who will be the point of contact or account manager for this particular Deal from your organization or Team.
This calendar under Estimated Close Date field is provided so that you can speculate and forecast a time frame of closing the Deal.
The Deal Value field is best utilized in estimating the order amount targeted against this deal for a choice of the Currency value in which service is provided to the Contact.
At a later stage, this value will help in estimating the sales per representative under reports and gadgets.
Under Pipeline field you can choose among the multiple pipelines configured by you to identify exactly where the money is in your sales process and get visual approach to selling a product or service.
Here at Stage, you’ll be able to manage your sales process in stages that define the milestones a typical deal goes through, as well as understand whether this deal needs special attention.
Sales stages will enable you to define the likelihood of winning a deal and forecasting your sales performance.
Status is the field which shows the current status of the Deal which is by default Open. However, Salesmate gives you two default status apart from this which is Open and Lost.
Under Details header you have Description Field where you get space for 2000 characters to enter all related info for the Deal which can help you keep tracking without missing your Sales prospects.
Tagging lets you easily sort, filter, segment and target Deals with campaigns designed around their specific interests and actions.
You can then select this Tag from your filter options which can be useful when you need something to quickly filter Deals.
Last but not the least you can keep in Loop Associate Contacts and your Teammates through Teammates and Participants field simultaneously or by creating a new Participant.
Clicking on Save and your Deal is ready on your Pipeline Board.
The Deal Pipeline or Board View
C. Importing deals
Deals can be imported through .xls, .xlsx, .csv or .vcf files
- Maximum 1500 records can be imported at a time
- Specify owner email address in Owner column of the file to be imported in the case of Owner other than selected user.
- File size should not be greater than 5 MB
- The first row of the file will be treated as field name
- Date-Time Format entered in the sheet should be same as MMM DD, YYYY hh:mm A
- Do not use any special styles, combos filters or images. It may cause unexpected errors or the record will not be imported.
- By default, the character encoding is UTF-8 (Unicode). Any characters outside UTF-8 character set will be skipped.