A. User Profiles - Standard vs Admin
B. User roles - organization hierarchy
C. Data Sharing
Controlling what you can see is an important aspect in CRM. You can set your records to public view or can set more privacy settings easily inside Salesmate.
User Profiles : Salesmate comes pre-configured with two profiles.
- An Admin User can create profiles that define the access permissions for the users.
- However, a user can edit Standard Profile or Add multiple profiles as per their requirements.
- The changes can be only be made if the user has Admin or equivalent privileges.
- Set module-level and feature-level permissions for different profiles.
- Admin Profile : (Non Editable)
- These users have full control and visibility over the system, except for private emails.
- They cannot delete Email of other users, but can view them as per data sharing policy is shared public or with Teammates and Owners.
- Salesmate allows having multiple admins in the system.
- The primary registered user who signed up with Salesmate is an admin user by default.
- Admins can further delegate administrative privileges to other users.
- Standard Profile : A user can be assigned Standard Rights or other Rights that can be created other than default Standard right and Managed with users of multi discipline.
- Standard rights are added as default and can be later modified as per user needs and utility.
- Standard rights are editable Profiles
To Create a profile :
- Go to Setup > Users & Security
- Go to Profile Permissions
- Click on + Add New Profile
- Enter the Profile Name
- Choose the profile which should be cloned
- Give a description of the Profile
- Make necessary changes in the default selection of rights assigned
- Click Save button to continue
User Roles - organization hierarchy
Note: Two fixed roles ( CEO & Manager ) in Starter Plan. Custom Roles in Growth Plan.
This helps you to setup organization-wide role hierarchy and sharing rules between them.
To create a new role:
- Go to Setup > Users & Security > Security Roles
- Hover over a Role (under which you want to add a Role)
- Click on (+) Add Role
- Enter the Role Name
- Choose the reporting role
- Give a description of the role
- Set the data sharing with peers (Selection of this option allows data to be shared with users on same Role)
- Click on Save
Salesmate helps you to define organization-wide hierarchy using Roles management. Users at a higher hierarchy can always access all the records of the users at a lower hierarchy. For example, a Sales manager can access all records Sales Reps.
Assigning Roles and Profiles
Since Roles of users evolve within the organization. It may require that you may need to update the Roles and Profile Permissions of users. Here are steps to update Roles and Profile Permissions :
- Go to Setup > Users & Security > Users
- Hover over the user's name and click on "View"
- Click on Edit, from the top right of the screen to update the settings.
- Go to Profiles and Roles Field to update the information
- Hit Update to save the changes.
- By default, access rights to all records are set as private so that the record owner and his/her manager can oversee the data. However, using the Data Sharing Rules, you can extend the access rights to users belonging to other roles and profiles.
- Once the data sharing rules are configured, users associated with other roles and profiles can gain additional access to the records that belong to other users.
Note : You can provide the following types of access levels to a user in Salesmate:
- Private : Only the record owner and his/her superior can view the record.
- Public Read Only : Users can view others' records but cannot modify and delete the records.
- Public Read/Write : Other users can view, modify and delete the records.
Quick NoteUsing the Share Data with Peers option you can enable sharing of data among users of the same role. For example, two marketing managers can see each other's records when "Share data with peers" is selected.