Controlling what you can see is an important aspect in CRM. Whether all records are kept public or more privacy aspects are involved can be set in Salesmate.
A. User Profiles - Standard vs Admin
Salesmate comes pre-configured with two profiles: 1) Admin 2) Standard. Create profiles that define the access permissions for the users. However, a user can edit Standard Profile or Add multiple profiles as per their requirements. Note, the changes can be only be made if the user has Admin or equivalent privileges.
Set module-level and feature-level permissions for different profiles.
These users have full control and visibility over the system, except for private emails. They cannot delete themselves. Only fellow admins can do this. Salesmate allows having multiple admins in the system.
The user you signup with is an admin user by default. Admins can further delegate administrative privileges to other users.
A user can be assigned Standard Rights or other Rights that can be created other than default Standard right and Managed with users of multi discipline.
To Create a profile:
- Go to Setup > Users & Security
- Click Profile Permissions
- Click on + Add New Profile
- Enter the Profile Name
- Choose the profile which should be cloned
- Give a description of the Profile
- Make necessary changes in the default selection of rights assigned
- Click Save button to continue
To associate users with the profile:
- Open a Profile by clicking on the Title of the Profile
- Scroll or browse to the end of the profile screen
- Click Associate New User
- Select the User from the list of Users to associate.
- View Associated users which are tagged with the Profile under Associated User List -
B. User roles - organization hierarchy
This helps you to setup organization-wide role hierarchy and sharing rules between them.
To create a new role:
- Go to Setup > User & Permissions
- Click Roles > Add New Role
- Enter the Role Name
- Choose the reporting role
- Give a description of the role
- Set the data sharing for peers
C. Data Sharing
By default, access rights to all records are set as private so that the record owner and his/her manager can oversee the data. However, using the Data Sharing Rules, you can extend the access rights to users belonging to other roles and profiles. Once the data sharing rules are configured, users associated with other roles and profiles can gain additional access to the records that belong to other users.
Note: You can provide the following types of access levels to a user in Salesmate:
- Private: Only the record owner and his/her superior can view the record.
- Public Read Only: Users can view others' records but cannot modify and delete the records.
- Public Read/Write: Other users can view, modify and delete the records.