If you are migrating from another CRM to Salesmate. We have eased this transition by providing you with an easy, click to go Import feature.
It allows you importing data from .xls, .xlsx, .csv or .vcf. Usually, all systems give the facility to export data in .xls or .csv. Thus import becomes a handy tool to get the data quickly into Salesmate.
Not just contacts or companies, we allow you to import your deals too. Making it a quick migration for your Sales teams to get accustomed to a new system.
Note: Create custom fields prior to import if you require any additional fields.
A. Follow the below steps to jump start with importing data into Salesmate:
- Decide, what you want to import?
- Do you want to import contacts?
- Do you want to import contacts and companies?
- Do you want to import open deals and related contact and companies all in one go?
- Do you want to import deals for the existing contacts?
- Create missing fields in Salesmate (custom fields)
- After you have decided on what you want to import check what's missing in Salesmate to get your get all your data inside Salesmate
- Create custom fields for the missing fields in Salesmate. Click here to learn how to create custom fields
- Prepare the file
- Once your fields are in, get your file ready for import
- Avoid using spreadsheets with formulas or linked data
- Simply copy them to a fresh file (Paste Special > Values & Number Formatting )
- Steps to Import Data (There are two ways to reach for importing data )
- Go to Contact Header Tab
- Click on Actions Menu
- Select Import from Excel or Google Contacts
- Click on Profile Icon
- Select Setup
- Under Data Administration, Select Import Data
- Select Import choice Contact / Company / Deal
- Select Import from CSV / Excel or Google Contacts
- Select File to import (If you choose the first import option from Contact / Company / Deal List page you will be lead directly here)
Note: Import Companies first, then Contacts and then Deals. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly
- Map the fields in your file to related Salesmate fields
- Confirm Mapping
- Start Import
1. What happens to the Duplicate records?
2. Who owns them?
Note: Import can take several minutes based on the number of records. Salesmate will notify you via email once the records are imported.
- Verify your records in the Import Summary
- The Import Summary is divided into three tabs and will be available under Import History
- Records Created: Successfully imported records
- Records Updated: Records that have been updated as per the chosen duplicate option
- Records Ignored: Problematic records which had incorrect values or any other errors.
- The errors are listed in the last column of the Records ignored tab.
- You can download the Rejected records correct them and reimport your sheet.
- You do not need to wait for the import to be finished as Salesmate will process your import in the backend and once it's being done, Salesmate will notify you over email.
B. Tips for import
- Import Companies first, then Contacts and then Deals. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly.
- Setup custom fields before import.
- We support file sizes up to 5MB. If your file is larger than 5MB, we suggest you break it up into multiple files.
- The first row of your import file must be the column headers you wish to import.
- The duplicate check will be performed on email or phone number.
- Unexpected errors may occur if XLS file does have any special styles, combo filters or images.
- By default, the character encoding is UTF-8 character set will be escaped.
- We suggest you to import a small set of sample data, before importing your actual data.
- Description filed only supports 2000 characters max.
- Date format inside your excel sheet should be in any of these formats:
dd/mm/yyyy | mm/dd/yyyy | yyyy-mm-dd | dd MMM, yyyy | MMM dd, yyyy
Tip: To make it quick and error-free, we suggest you import a small set of sample data, before importing your actual data. You can also use the sample .csv file to test your import.
C. How can I undo an import?
- Salesmate does not allow reverting an import.
- However, you can filter your data based on the "Created At" field i.e. Date of Creation
- Select these records and delete
- Re-import the fresh data.
D. Fields to Import
Following are the recommended fields to create your records:
Name*: Contact Full Name | Example: Noel Rebello
Mobile: Contact Mobile Number | Example: +1-704-208-4338
Email: Contact Email Address | Example: email@example.com ( Specify this field to avoid duplicates in the system )
Company: Related Company Name | Example: ABC, Inc ( i.e. Noel Rebello works for the company ABC, Inc )
Designation: Contact Title / Designation | Example: Painter
Name*: Company Name | Example: ABC, Inc
Website: Company Website | Example: www.abcinc.com
Phone: Company Phone | Example: +1-973-626-3416 ( Specify this field to avoid duplicates in the system )
Title*: Deal Title | Example: Website Design for ABC Inc
Contact*: Related Contact Name | Example: Noel Rebello
Company: Related Company Name | Example: ABC Inc ( If a Contact is associated with any company that company will also be associated with this deal )
Value: Deal Amount | Example: 20,000 ( Decimal Value - If not entered it will be treated as a 0 value deal )
Currency: Currency in which the deal amount is | Example: USD ( Default - Currency will be your organization currency )
Pipeline: Pipeline in which your Deal is to be added | Example: Sales or Marketing or Onboarding (If not entered the first pipeline in the pipeline setup will be attached to the deal)
Stage: Pipeline Stage in which your deal is currently | Example: Qualified or Contact Made ( If not entered the first stage of the associated pipeline will be attached to the deal)
Source: To track where your deals are coming from | Example: Ads or Event or Website
Priority: To prioritize your deals | Example: Hot or Warm or Cold
Status: To identify whether the deal is closed or not | Example: Open or Won or Lost
In case you wish to store and add more information related to a record you can also use the below fields:
Description: Detailed Information about the record up to 2000 words.
Tags: Unique entity to identify the record