This article helps you to define where your deal gets imported into the system.
It can be achieved by adding columns in your Excel to import Deals for the Pipeline and Stage in your spreadsheet and mapping the fields while you import. Thus it helps you get your deals into the right pipeline in case of multiple pipelines.
To know how to import your data click here
Note: Salesmate allows you to create multiple Pipelines and thus multiple stages, map and verify Pipeline and Stages for proper mapping of data.
Salesmate lets you import Deals using CSV or an Excel file
Steps to Import Deals (There are two ways to reach for importing data )
- Go to Deal Header Tab
- Click on Actions Menu
- Select Import Deals
- Click on Profile Icon top right corner
- Select Setup
- Under Data Administration, Select Import Data
- Select Import choice Contact
Salesmate provides Sample File, in case you need to start afresh and you are not sure how you want to import data.
- Select File to import (If you choose the first import option from Deal List page you will be re-directed here)
- Click Next
- Map the fields in your file to related Salesmate fields
- File Columns - represents Field present in your Excel / CSV spreadsheet
- Salesmate Fields - represents Field present in your Salesmate account
- Ensure Pipelines and their Stages are properly mapped
- Ensure File Columns are properly mapped Salesmate Fields
- All columns which were available inside your file are shown on the right-hand side, and you can map their corresponding column inside Salesmate on the left.
- Salesmate will try to map known columns automatically, rest of the columns will require manual mapping.
- You can Ignore the Fields that you do not want to import
- Confirm Mapping
- Start Import
- To keep your CRM clean and usable, Salesmate will not import records with ill-formatted data. At the end of import, Salesmate will tell you which records are rejected and why.
- It's recommended to Import Companies first, then Contacts. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly
- Owner Column should have a valid email address of the user
- The records that have not been mapped with Owner, can be later attached while mapping in stage 2 - (Owner of records if not mentioned in sheet)
- If you skip this, it will auto map records with the user who is performing the import
- If you have Name only Column, then it should be split into First and Last name before you start the import
- Verify your records in the Import Summary
- Get Notified via in-app notifications and email, once the records have been processed and imported
- The Import Summary is divided into three tabs and will be available under Import History
Note: Import can take several minutes based on the number of records. Salesmate will notify you via email once the records are imported.
- You do not need to wait for the import to be finished as Salesmate will process your import in the backend and once it's being done, Salesmate will notify you by email.
You can check the status of your data import from - Setup>Data Administration>Import history
- Salesmate will tell you when was last import done and by whom. You can also view the number of records created, update or rejected during last import.
- Records Added: Successfully imported records
- Records Updated: Records that have been updated as per the chosen duplicate option
- Records Error: Problematic records which had incorrect values or any other errors.
- You can download the Rejected records correct them and reimport your sheet.
- The errors are listed in the last column of the Records ignored tab.
- Any records rejected? Just click on a column to download and view errors. Rectify them and re-import
You can find the reason for the error in the output excel file’s “Rejected Reason Column”
Fix the suggested issues and import this file with updated reject records
A. Tips for Import
- Import Companies first, then Contacts and then Deals. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly.
- Setup custom fields before import.
- We support file sizes up to 5MB. If your file is larger than 5MB, we suggest you break it up into multiple files.
- The first row of your import file must be the column headers you wish to import.
- The duplicate check will be performed on email or phone number.
- Unexpected errors may occur if XLS file does have any special styles, combo filters or images.
- By default, the character encoding is UTF-8 character set will be escaped.
- We suggest you to import a small set of sample data, before importing your actual data.
- Description filed only supports 2000 characters max.
- Date format inside your excel sheet should be in any of these formats:
dd/mm/yyyy | mm/dd/yyyy | yyyy-mm-dd | dd MMM, yyyy | MMM dd, yyyy
B. Video Tips for Date based import
Tip: To make it quick and error-free, we suggest you import a small set of sample data, before importing your actual data. You can also use the sample .csv file to test your import