Update (March 2018): A recent update to Google Chrome has rendered the Google Voice plugin inoperable, so there is no longer an active supported way to set up click-to-dial with Google Voice. If you are on an older version of Chrome, the plugin may still function, but as your browser gets more outdated other functionality may suffer. If click-to-call is an important part of your workflow, you may wish to consider alternate dialing options going forward.
These instructions may work temporarily if you are using an older version of Chrome:
With Google Voice, you get a free phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail. You can use the apps on smartphones and computers, and you can link your number to any mobile or landline number.
This is a click to call functionality based out of your browser and does not let you log OR record calls inside Salesmate as with the Salesmate Built-in calling.
- Google Voice Chrome Extension*
- A Google Voice Account
- The Google Voice plugin will only recognize certain phone number formats. If you're using the US or Canadian number, your best bet is probably to format the number "(XXX) XXX-XXXX"
- Numbers should be stored in the formats xxx-xxx-xxxx or (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Example 704-885-5533 or (704) 885-5533
How to make a call?
- Click on the number to open up the Google Voice dial out pop-up
- Select the Google voice number you want to dial out by
- Hit Connect to place the call
Note: Google Voice is only available in the U.S. Calling may incur charges as per Google Voice calling terms & rates.
*The extension is provided by Google and totally depends on your browser supporting it. In case you do not find a popup for Google voice to call from, please get in touch with Google voice support for more information.
Looking for call recording and other extensive calling features. Explore Salesmate Built-in calling.