For example, You have linked your primary email account with Salesmate and want to set up your email alias account to send emails through it.
Here, I have a primary account firstname.lastname@example.org. I am additional responsible to handle support emails from email email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org is an alias for my primary account.
To configure this follow the below steps:
- Click on the email icon / Inbox on the Left Menu bar.
- Click Email Settings bottom left.
- Click the SMTP & BCC Tab.
- Under the heading - Outbound Emails (SMTP) > Click the Add Email Account button.
- Select Custom SMTP
- Fill in the required details.
- Mention the Alias Email address - From Email.
- Once added you will get an option to select the from address while sending out an email from Salesmate or the Chrome Plugin/Extension.
In case you get any error while configuring aliases ensure the below:
1. Allow Less Secure Apps is turned ON.
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- Click Security >> Basic settings.
- Under Less secure apps, select Go to settings for less secure apps.
- In the subwindow, select the Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps radio button.
2. Create an app-specific password
- https://myaccount.google.com/ >> Security >> App Password.