To Create a Deal in a Pipeline once a Contact is created or Updated with a "Tag" or a Field using workflows, follow below mentioned steps -
- Click on your Profile Icon at the top right corner of your screen
- Go to Setup > Sales Automation > Workflow Management
- Add a Workflow - Create a "New Rule"
- Under Basic Information, Select Module: Contact
- Give it a Name: Create Deal when a Contact is created or updated
- Description: Create Deal when a Contact is created or updated with Tag = "Lead" - For Example
- Execute On (Choose an action based on which the rule will be executed): Create or Update
- Criteria: Add Condition > Tags - equals to - Lead (Choose TAG as per your requirement)
- Also, add a "STOP" tag so that it does not create a deal every time you update the contact record in case you chose to set it on Contact Update.
- Choose Actions: Update Field
- Contact >> Tags >> Append >> STOP [ This prevents the deal from being created repeatedly upon UPDATE of contact ]
- Choose Actions: Create Deal
Add the required deal fields to create a new deal for you contact.