To Create a Deal in a Pipeline once a Contact is created or updated with a "Tag" or a Field using workflows, follow below-mentioned steps -
- Navigate to the Profile icon on the top right corner
- Click on the Setup
- Head over to the Sales Automation category
- Click on Workflow Management
- Add a Workflow - Create a "New Rule"
1. Under Basic Information,
- Module: Contact
- Rule Name: Create Deal when a Contact is created or updated
- Description: Create Deal when a Contact is created or updated with Tag = "Lead" (For instance)
2. Execute On (Choose an action based on which the rule will be executed): Create or Update
3. Rule Criteria
- Add Condition > Tags - equals to - Lead (Choose TAG as per your requirement)
- Also, add a "STOP" tag so that it does not create a deal every time you update the contact record in case you chose to set it on Contact Update.
- Update Field
- Select Contact from the dropdown
- Select Tags
[ This prevents the deal from being created repeatedly upon UPDATE of contact ]
- Choose Actions: Create Deal
- Add the required deal fields to create a new deal for you contact.
- Click on Save