Sometimes in your organization, the users' hierarchical status may change or they may move to different business units. In such cases, you might have to deactivate those users after transferring ownership of the records to other users.
Please note, deactivating a user is different from deleting a user. When you deactivate a user the below points are applicable to them :
- The user will no longer be able to access the CRM account.
- No one will be able to log into the service using the deactivated ID.
- You are free to use the same user license to add another user.
- The user license is not cancelled. You will be billed for the number of user licenses that you had bought.
- The user will be listed under Deactivated Users.
- If you decide to activate the user again, you can re-invite the deactivated user.
To deactivate a user
- Log in to the Salesmate CRM with Admin or Manage Users Permissions.
- Go to Setup > Users & Security > Users.
- In the Users page, select the Active Users view and hover over the user's name > Click on Actions > Deactivate
As you click on Deactivate, you will get the below two option to choose from :
- Deactivate the user and release the license
- Deactivate the user and invite a new user using the same license
Deactivate the user and release the license
- Deactivating the user and releasing the license means Salesmate will simply reduce the billing cycle by one user and let you assign current Contacts, Companies, Activities and Deals to other users from the drop-down.
- Please note that you will have to select a new Owner of the records, which are currently owned by the user you are about to Deactivate.
Deactivate the user and invite a new user using the same license
- Here, Salesmate lets you get to Invite New User directly by noting down his First Name, Last Name and Email and assign current Contacts, Companies, Activities and Deals to other users.
- If you have a long list of users, you can use the search bar to find the respective user.
- You will find the list of Deactivated users under Deactivated Users Tab