Salesmate provides you the option to create and capture date-based custom fields. You would like to capture some important dates like birthdays, anniversary dates, contract start dates, etc. Not just capture but be reminded to follow up on those days. With the power to create custom fields and run the workflows on them, Salesmate lets you achieve your desired target to be reminded and follow up with them.
How can you achieve this?
Take an example of a birthdate and send out an automated birthday greeting to the concerned contact. Follow the below steps to achieve it:
- Create a custom field for birth date (Mention the Actual Date of Birth (Eg: DD/MM/YYYY: 23/07/1985)
- Update existing data with birthdates
- Create an email template for birthday greetings
- Create a workflow to send out automated birthday greetings
1. Creating a custom field for birth date:
- Refer to the article: How to create a custom field?
- Screenshot for Date type custom field
2. Updating existing data with birthdates:
- Once the birthdate field is created, update the existing record with the birthdate field.
3. Creating an email template for birth date greetings:
- Refer to the article: How to create email templates?
- Template Name: Birthday Greetings
- Folder: Public Template ( Select relevant folder to store the template )
- Subject: Salesmate wishes you a Very Happy Birthday
- Body: Design your email template and add the contents
4. Creating a workflow to automate the sending of birthday greetings:
- Click on 3 dots (More) from the sidebar menu
- Click on Workflow
- Create a New Rule
- Basic Information:
- Select Module: Contact
- Rule Name: Wish contact on their birthday
- Execute On:
- Date based
- Choose field: Birthdate
- Date of Execution: On
- Time of Execution: 10:00 AM
- Execution Cycle: Anniversary
- Rule Criteria
- Send Alerts
- Name: Send Birthday Greetings
- Email Template: Birthday Greetings
- Email Recipients: Contact
- Hit Save on top of the Workflow page to Save the Workflow.
Thus, when the date occurs an automated birthday greeting offer will be sent out at 10:00 AM, one week before the date of their birthday.
Please sign in to leave a comment.