At times Lead providers need a URL to post leads to a CRM. Salesmate recommends using Zapier to integrate and help push leads to itself. With Webhooks by Zapier it is possible to POST leads data (JSON) to a URL and thereafter add them as Salesmate Contacts.
If the Lead Providers directly call an API and POST data they can use our Add a Contact API
Here's how you can set it up using Zapier.
You will need the following working accounts to configure this integration:
1. Zapier (Paid account as Webhooks by Zapier is a PREMIUM app)
Use this link to directly configure the integration between the two platforms:
Step 1: Zapier: Webhooks by Zapier
Webhooks simply POST data (or JSON) to a specific URL every time Zapier sees something new. Webhooks can also accept data (or JSON) to kick off a workflow in Zapier.
- Edit the Event and select "Catch Hook" & click "Continue"
- Leave the "Pick off a Child Key" blank
- Copy the unique "Webhook URL" generated for your account and share it with your lead provider
- Example: https://hooks.zapier.com/hooks/catch/1132278/bn9azo9/
- Your lead provider can POST their requests of this URL.
Step 2: Salesmate: Search or Create Contact
Search or create a Contact in Salesmate, if contact does not exist.
- Edit the Event and select "Search or Create Contact" action
- Click on Continue
- Choose or Connect a new Salesmate Account
- Click on Continue
- Set up the action by:
Select Field Name as "Email"
- Map value (Map this with the Email field received from Step 1)
- Should this step be considered a "success" when nothing is found?: Yes
☑ Create Salesmate Search Contact if it doesn’t exist yet?
- Map all the fields that you need to push to Salesmate to create the Lead in Salesmate
- Make sure to map the required fields
- Select the "Owner" field as your Salesmate Admin or any other user you would like to assign these leads to.
- Select "Type" as "Lead"
- In the Tag field mention a tag that identifies the lead source.
- Example: Realtor.com
- Click Continue
- Test this action
- Upon success - Publish your Zap.
- Moving forward this will create a contact of type "Lead" with the owner you have selected and tag as the one mentioned under tags by you.
- You can create a custom view in Salesmate with the filter on "Type" equals to "Lead" and "Tags" equals to "Realtor.com"
Please sign in to leave a comment.