Important points you need to consider while tracking emails:
- If the recipient’s email platform doesn't display images, Some email clients display images by default, and others ask for permissions to display images. In case client don't allow permissions for image display then email tracking can't work.
- If the recipient’s using plain text email, Since the email tracking mechanism puts an image inside the email to track information, so plain text emails can not be tracked.
- If an email is having multiple recipients, then the system can't find out exact information about who opened the email.
- If the recipient is using some proxy server, then it is hard to find out the actual location of a user, and we can only identify the location of that proxy server.
- When recipient is using Gmail app for email viewing. Gmail has automatically download images using proxy to obscure the end-user and provide a layer of anonymity.
- So in this case we can always identify if email was opened or not, but its location will not be tracked properly. You can find Gmail's official statement over here.
- Salesmate uses an image-based tracking mechanism (as per industry standard) to capture read information and tracking of emails for open/click.
- If any external email client is used to open that email (Eg: Outlook or Gmail), then it is not possible to identify if the email was opened by the actual client or by the user himself.
- Currently, if you use Salesmate or Gmail with our Chrome plugin to check emails, it delivers proper results and does not push you notifications of opening the emails by yourself.
- Salesmate dosen't have native integration available for outlook as of now.
- Salesmate is working on a logic to verify usage pattern and predict if user or client has opened the email, which should be available in future releases.
Please sign in to leave a comment.