Page-level customization refers to customizing a record's details page and the layouts related to it. This includes organizing related fields on a page, aligning the fields in order of their visibility, each user can ahs his own choice of Field visibility.
We have introduced a new feature, where the user can choose what should appear on their default layout. In case your field was not selected by default you can configure to view it right away.
We recommend using the enhanced page layout editor because it offers more flexibility and an easier-to-use interface, giving users from different verticals ability to manage what Field/data they want to see in the detail view.
Organize and Customize Page Details
The option to customize Fields is available in each module and helps to change the order of the related list views. Additionally, you can show or hide some of the related fields as per your job profile requirement using this feature.
How Can I Customize Field?
Taking the example of Contact detail view. Here's how you can customize your detail page layout:
- Go to Contact
- Select and Open a Contact in Detail view
- Click on the Customize Fields icon beside the Contact Details section in the detail view of the record.
- The customize Field icon will appear once you Hover over the Contact / Company / Deal Detail screen
- The above feature is available in Contact, Company, and Deal
- If you find any Custom or System Field missing on your detail screen, you can manage field from here
- Removing Fields will not delete any data, it will only hide it from the detail screen
- Clicking on the custom fields icon will lead you to the Manage Contact fields layout
- Current Fields section shows the Fields available for View on the Contact screen currently
- All Contact Fields shows you all the Available - Custom or System Fields present for that module
- You can Add existing Fields to be viewed in your Layout under Current Fields by clicking on "+" icon upon hovering over the Field or you can also...
- Drag and drop fields from the right side (all Contacts Field) to the left side (current fields list) to view the fields in the Contact details section.
Reorder Field View
- The option to Organize and reorder Fields in Page details screen, is available in each module and helps to change the order of the Fields list views.
- Drag and Place the Fields to change the sequence of their appearance under Current Fields
- You can Remove Fields viewed in your Layout under Current Fields by clicking on "-" icon upon hovering over the Field or you can also...
- Drag and drop fields from the Left side (current fields list) to the right side (all Contacts Field) to hide the fields in the Contact details section.
- The Fields which are selected under Current Fields will be visible with "Tick Mark" on All Contact Fields section
- Missing an important Field, now create module specific Custom Field from the same screen
- Click on +Add Contact Field
For now, we will be showing it all in one section say Contact Details, Company Details, Deal Details.
Further, in our upcoming releases, you will be able to view them as sections and add more widgets like Contact Details and arrange them on the layout screen.
Need more help with this feel free to contact support over chat within the software or submit a ticket