Salesmate allows you to choose when and how you’d like to answer your calls - in your browser or via your mobile device (mobile phone or mobile app). This gives your sales reps the flexibility to take calls at ease - when they are away from their browser, they can answer calls on their mobile.
To change your availability to answer calls :
- Click on the Phone Icon followed by Settings.
- Toggle the Available to take phone calls button to switch between available and unavailable.
- If you have the option (Forward calls to mobile phone) checked. Salesmate by default forwards calls to your mobile number under your My Account details. If you don’t have a mobile number or if that number is incorrect, Salesmate does not log the calls.
- The number mentioned on your My Account should be in the proper dialing format and should be prefixed by your own country code. Example : +1-541-754-3010
Always, mention it in the E.164 format
- If you have set your availability to unavailable and the number is only assigned to you, calls will be logged as a Missed Call Activity and you will receive email alerts for the same otherwise it will ring out to the next available person on that number.
To choose how you’d like to answer your calls:
- From the phone widget, click the Phone Icon followed by Settings.
- If you choose Answer calls in the browser - You can attend all incoming calls directly inside Salesmate when it's open in your web browser. In case you are logged out you will be considered unavailable on the browser.
- If you choose Forward calls to the mobile phone - Salesmate will redirect the incoming calls directly on your linked phone when you are not using Salesmate web app or on the move. You must provide your Mobile number under your My Account > General.
- If you select Answer calls on Mobile App - You will receive all the calls in your Salesmate Mobile App.
- If options number 1 and 3 are turned ON together- You can attend to all incoming calls either in your browser OR your phone at the same call rate.
- If all three options are chosen then it will always forward calls to your mobile phone mentioned under My Account.
Note: You will be charged a different call rate to receive calls on the Mobile Phone which is usually higher than the one for attending calls in your Browser.
To change your device settings:
Using the device settings option you can configure the below settings:
- Microphone: By default, it will display the in-built microphone of the system and if no drivers are detected then it will show “No microphone found”
- Speaker/Headset: By default, it will display the in-built speaker of the system and if no drivers are detected then it will show “No speaker/headset found”
- Test: This option will play the sound in the selected speaker/headset.
Note: In case the microphone permissions are not granted. It will display as Microphone as “No microphone found” and Speaker/Headset as "“No Speaker/Headset found”