Q: Outgoing calls are aborted immediately after dialing. (These are logged and the outgoing call rate is charged, despite the call was not set up).
A: Calls to some numbers could fall under the high risk calling categories - toll fraud. Thus Salesmate has implemented Voice Dialing Geographic Permissions for its calling to ensure maximum safety of your accounts. These numbers are blocked while you dial out to them. If you feel the number you are dialing out to is a legitimate one you can simply get in touch with support over chat or email to allow these. You will be able to call these once we have allowed them.
Q: The callee is not able to hear me.
A: Please ensure you have allowed access to the Microphone on your browser. Here's how you can allow microphone access on various browsers.
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Turn Ask before accessing on or off.
To remove an existing exception or permission, to the right of the site, click Delete .
If you're using a Chrome device at work or school, your network administrator can set camera and microphone settings for you. In that case, you can't change them here. Learn about using a managed Chrome device.
- Click on the site identity icon (the lock symbol) in the address bar.
- Choose on each menu next to Use the Camera and Use the Microphone:
- Click anywhere on the web page to close the menu, then click the button.
If you have previously disallowed Discord access to your mic in Firefox, you will need to enable it in the Firefox Permission Settings before being able to use it.
To enable your mic in Firefox follow the following steps:
1. Open the Firefox Permissions Manager. To do so, type the words about:permissions into the location bar as if it were a website and hit Enter. The current tab will be replaced by the Permissions Manager.
On the left hand side you'll see a search bar with a list of all the websites you've been to below it. The right hand side lists the various website permissions that Firefox stores.
2. Find or Search for salesmate.io among the list of sites.
3. In the 'Use the Microphone' section, select 'Allow' from the drop down menu.
- Launch Safari on your Mac.
- Click on the Safari app menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
Click on Preferences.
- Select the Websites tab.
- Click on microphone in the side bar.
- Select a website that is currently open.
Select the permission for the website. You can allow, deny, or require the website to ask permission every time.
Q: How will I be charged for a call?
Q: Why am I charged for calls to dead/not-in-service phone numbers?
A: We do our best to verify if phone numbers are valid and also try to save you money by refusing to call numbers we know are impossible. However, we've discovered that it's better for us to trust that our users know more about the phone numbers they are trying to call than we do.
By default, Salesmate does not "listen" to your calls. This means that Salesmate's system is only able to know if audio is being transferred, or not, and is generally not going to take actions based on the contents of that audio. In short, Salesmate considers a call to be completed if audio data is returned, even if that audio data is an out-of-service message.
If you have multiple cases of calls made to invalid numbers, we recommend deleting these invalid numbers so that you do not end up calling them accidentally in the future.
Q: Will I be charged for calls to disconnected numbers?