Once you have purchased the number and have enough credits for calling, you can start with Salemsate app calling after the configurations have been done.
Note: The calling setting would get enabled only if the user has enabled the “Salesmate voice & text” application.
The Salesmate iOS application should have the calling settings configured beforehand initiating the call.
Default number preference
Outgoing call preference
Follow the steps below to make your iOS Application ready for calling
Go to Salesmate mobile application:
- Click on the Three Bar icon
- Go to the Settings
- Select Call Settings
Three configuration options are available to give preferences for calling, you can select options to receive and make calls
- Default number
- Outgoing call via
Here the user can set the availability preference for an incoming call.
- Answer call via Salesmate app - User will receive calls via your internet data pack or WIFI.
- Answer call via Phone (Cellular)- User will get an incoming call on their cellular network if this option is selected (Call will be directed to the provided number [web app]: My Account >Mobile) from their purchased number, later which it will be patched to the contact
- Do not disturb - No calls will be received on Salesmate mobile applications, however, the user can get calls over the web application.
- Select the number through which you can make calls by default
- If you purchased multiple numbers and you want to make one of the numbers to be available by default to make calls, this is the option from where you can do the needful
Outgoing call preference
Here the user can set the default preference based on the available network connection of the phone. Users will get the following preference
- Outgoing Call Via
- When connected to WIFI
- When connected to Cellular Network
- When connected to Wifi
Here the user can set one of the following preference while the phone is connected to a WIFI network.
- Call via Salesmate (VoIP) - all outgoing calls from the Salesmate application will be made through the VoIP if the WIFI connection is connected, where the user can log through the mobile app
- Call via Salesmate (Bridge) - All outgoing calls from the Salesmate application will be made through the Salesmate bridge if found the wifi network is on where the user can log through the web app
- Call via cellular network - All the outgoing call from the Salesmate app will be made using a cellular network if found the wifi network is on, where the user can log through the mobile app but no recording will be available
- When connected to Cellular network
Here users can set one of the following preference while the phone is on the cellular network.
- Call via Salesmate (VoIP) - all outgoing calls from the Salesmate application will be made through the VoIP if the cellular network connection is connected, where the user can log through the mobile app
- Call via Salesmate (Bridge) - All outgoing calls from the Salesmate application will be made through the Salesmate bridge if found the cellular network is on where the user can log through the web app
- Call via cellular network - All the outgoing call from the Salesmate app will be made using a cellular network if found the cellular network is on, where the user can log through the mobile app but no recording will be available
How to make an outgoing call from Salesmate iOS application :
- From Quick Add screen on the Dashboard via Dial Pad
- Go to your Salesmate iOS application
- Click on the + button on the top right (Quick Add)
- Select Make call
- In case you have been assigned multiple numbers, you can select the number FROM which you want to make the outgoing calls
- Under TO provide the number you would like to dial out to reach your customer
- By default, Record Call would be selected. In case you don't want the call to be recorded you can deselect the option to record.
- Hit on Calling button and initiate the call, the call will be initiated by their out going call preference
- While the call is being done, the user will get an option to add note with respect to the ongoing conversation
- Click on the add note button to mention the notes, the user can also update the note on "call ended" screen
- Click on Save
- The Note will be auto-filled with the following call logging screen
- The user can log the call through an activity, similar to the one in web application
- A user can Log calls as :
- Log as a New Activity - automatically a new activity will be created
- Log Manually - A New Add Activity screen will be available
- Don't Log This Call - The call will be discarded and won't be logged in the activity
- Log with Existing Activity - the user will get the list of activity to choose from
2. Calling from your Phonebook calling list
- Go to your Mobile Phone
- Click on the Calling Menu
- Select the Contact from the list to make calls
- Long press the calling button to find options to make calls via Salesmate
- Similar options for Notes and Calls will be available with this case too
A user can make calls from any modules wherever calling button or Phone Fields are available, an example of how you can make calls from Contact detail screen
How to receive an incoming call on Salesmate iOS application :
Availability options in Salesmate mobile applications is in sync with your web applications, changes made in web application would also lead to changes in your availability settings.
"Availability preference"- Answer call via Salesmate app - User will receive calls via your internet data pack or WIFI."
- Answer calls on mobile phone - This option lets you receive the call via Salesmate Bridge
- Answer calls on app - This option lets you
Note: If you select this option - Answer calls on mobile phone, it could cost you an additional amount since the call is made through your mobile data network
- Receive Call - Below screen gives you a visual representation of the incoming calling screen over your iOS device
- Once the call is Accepted, you will get options to get inside the Salesmate application
- When the phone is locked, you will get the below screen with Salesmate Button
- Once you click on the button you would need to unlock your phone to go into your Salesmate application
- Once the phone has been unlocked you will get the below screen, with menu options for recording and adding Notes during the call
- You can press the back button and perform different sets of operations as needed, below is the reference screenshot