You can learn more about how to create deals and manage them effectively from the below video
Deals can be added to the system by various methods:
- Deal List View Page: (+) Deal button
- Contact Details Page: Click "+Deal"
- Company Details Page: View a Company > Click "+Deal"
- Contact Quick View: Click on the three-dotted button > Click "Add Deal"
- Company Quick View: Click on the three-dotted button > Click "Add Deal"
- Quick Add "+" button: Add Deal
Tip: Deal can also be created by the keyboard shortcut - key combination c,d.
- From the deal's module, once you click on the +Deal option, an Add New Deal form opens up. wherein you can start filling in the information by providing "Title" to the Deal which will help you in identifying the purpose of creating the Deal.
- Fill in the information by providing "Title" to the Deal which will help you in identifying the purpose of creating the Deal.
Note: All Fields with * identification are mandatory fields.
- Contact: Associate a contact to a deal or "Quick Add Contact" by clicking “Create New Contact” in case a contact is to be added.
- Company: You can select the Company name, if already available in the database or create a new entry by providing information to the "Quick Add Company" popup window by clicking on “Create New Company”.
- Deal Owner: Owner field lets you choose the owner from the drop-down list, who will be the point of contact or account manager for this particular Deal from your organization or Team.
- Estimated Close Date: This field is provided so that you can speculate and forecast a time frame of closing the Deal.
- Value: This field is best utilized in estimating the order amount targeted against this deal for a choice of the Currency value in which service is provided to the Contact. At a later stage, this value will help in estimating the sales per representative under reports.
- Pipeline: Under the Pipeline field, you can choose among the multiple pipelines configured by you to identify exactly where the money is in your sales process and get a visual approach to selling a product or service.
- Stage: You’ll be able to manage your sales process in stages that define the milestones a typical deal goes through, as well as understand whether this deal needs special attention. Sales stages will enable you to define the likelihood of winning a deal and forecasting your sales performance.
- Status: It is the field that shows the current status of the Deal which is by default Open.
- However, Salesmate gives you two default status apart from this which is Open and Lost.
- Description: This field helps you get space for 2000 characters to enter all related information for the Deal which can help you keep tracking without missing your Sales prospects.
- Tag: It lets you easily sort, filter, segment, and target Deals with campaigns designed around their specific interests and actions. You can then select this Tag from your filter options which can be useful when you need something to quickly filter Deals.
- Teammates & Participants: You can keep in Loop Associated Contacts and your Teammates through the Teammates and Participants field simultaneously or by creating a new Participant.
- Click on Save and your Deal is ready on your Pipeline Board.