This step creates a deal and auto associates that with related records of the journey.
How to use "Deal Create" Action?
- Let's drag-drop the Deal Create action step on the journey's canvas.
- Click on the step to configure the deal values.
- We can use personalization variables to customize different fields of the deal.
Suppose you have captured a lead from your website or Facebook, and a new contact is created with a fixed tag. The system will auto-create a deal and assigns it to the user. Here we have used field customization and auto-assigned contact's name in the deal title.
How to select the Deal owner as of the contact owner?
Follow the steps to choose the deal owner, same as the contact owner:
- Open the Deal Creation action.
- Click on the owner dropdown.
- Choose the dynamic option and select contact.owner.id as the owner of the Deal.
What happens if there is already a deal associated with contact?
This action will always create a new deal inside the system. You can use Deal Field Update, Deal Status or Deal Stage actions to update the existing deals inside the system.
We can also assign a tag to the newly created deal, e.g. "Do followup", and use another journey to generate followup activities for the sales team. Learn more about Create Activity Action.