By default, the Chats has been set up in such a way that it auto asks for the name and email address when the user hasn't responded to the visitor within 2 minutes.
But you can configure the name and email requirement for starting a new conversation where you can decide on capturing the name & email address of the visitor whenever they start a new chat so that you can always get back to them in the future if required.
To change these settings, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Chats on the left menu bar
- Go to Chat Settings bottom left.
- Switch to the Require Details tab and select the option which fits your requirement.
Select when you want to ask for the name & email address for starting a new conversation:
- Always: Chats will ask for the name and email address every time the visitor starts a new conversation, no matter what time it is.
- Never: In this case, the visitor can start a new conversation and won't be asked for the name & email address.
Hit the Update button to save your changes.
- In all the above cases, Chats automatically asks for the name and email address of visitor, if they don't receive any response within 2 minutes. This only happens if Salesmate does not recognize the visitor i.e. if the name and email address are captured previously then it won't be asked.
- Only users with "Manage Chat Settings" permission can access the above settings.