Each user in your workspace can control their notification preferences via their account settings.
To change your notification preferences:
- Click on the Profile Icon top Right
- Go to My Account
- Select Notification Preferences
- Switch to the Chat tab
You can select the following notification medium for each notification type.
- Desktop - You will receive popup notifications in the browser while you have an active session.
- Mobile - You will receive in-app push notifications inside (iOS/Android) mobile apps.
- Email - You will receive email notifications.
- Bell - You can view previous notifications inside your notification center by clicking on the bell icon inside the web/mobile app.
You can configure your notification preferences for the following type of notifications:
- New chat conversation started - You will be notified when a new conversation has begun, and it is not assigned to anyone yet.
- Conversation assigned to me - You will be notified when a conversation is assigned to you.
- Conversation assigned to a Team where I am a member - You will be notified when a conversation assigned to your team.
- Any mentions inside conversations - You will be notified when you are mentioned inside a conversation.
- For every activity in my assigned conversation - You will be notified of every chat message, priority changes, or assignment changes happening for a conversation assigned to you.
- For every activity in the unassigned conversation - You will be notified of every chat message, priority changes, or assignment changes happening for the unassigned conversation.
When a notification is sent?
Push Notifications for chat messages
Salesmate waits for 10 seconds before sending push notification to user. If the user hasn't read the message within 10 seconds, then a notification is fired. The delivery speed of notification can differ based on the notification queue on the server.
Email Notifications for chat messages
Email notifications are delayed by two minutes. If the user reads the conversations inside messenger within two minutes, then the notifications are not sent. Salesmate groups the email notifications, so multiple replies, notes or other conversation changes in a single email if the person hasn't read the conversation within two minutes.
- Chat notification preferences are only available to users with an active messenger workspace.
- Without a messenger license, the user won't be able to modify his chat notification preferences.