This step checks for the value of the deal fields to decide how to move further in the automation journey.
How to use this conditional step?
- Let's drag-drop the Contact Field check condition step on the journey's canvas.
- Click on the step to choose from the deal's default fields, custom fields and smart fields using our condition builder with logical operations and define your checkpoint.
- Once the record reaches this step, it will be checked against selected conditions and immediately forwarded to the next step. This step has two output ports.
- Yes: This port triggers when all conditions match.
- No: This port triggers when any of the conditions fail to match.
Note: It is not required to connect both the output ports, but we suggest using Exit action when you don't want to record to continue the journey. It gives you a better idea of the record journey while checking action logs or timeline entries.
Suppose you want to notify your c-suite team whenever a deal reaches to Qualified or Quote Sent stage and has a value of more than $10,000.
In the above example, we trigger the journey on the deal's creation or when the deal's value or stage is changed. We match against the deal's value and stage, and if it comes true, we send an email to the c-suite team about the same.