"Send Email" action can be used to send an email in response to some triggers or in a combination of triggers and conditions.
How to use "Send Email" Action?
- Drag and drop the action of 'Send Email' on the journey's canvas.
- To configure the action, click on it and the pop up window with show the following options.
- Select Field: For the contact's email address, by default, there is a field named "Email", however, if you have stored another email address in a custom field then would be shown in the drop-down menu.
- Email Template: The email templates which are already created and saved in Salesmate would be in the drop-down menu.
- Send from record owner: The toggle button can be enabled to send the email from the record owner's email address.
- Auto Append the sender's signature in the email: Enable the toggle button to add the sender's signature to the email.
- From Email (Use as a fallback): When the email is sent from the record owner's email address, but if it doesn't get delivered then the email would be sent out from the fallback email.
NOTE: If you wish to use your own domain, then you can verify it by using DKIM settings which helps you with a better delivery rate.
- Reply to: Select an email address, where the email should be received when the recipient reverts.
- Track Email open: Track the email if it was opened by the recipient.
- Track Link Clicks: Enable the toggle button to keep track of link clicks.
- Click on 'SAVE' to configure the action.
Example: We have configured a journey, wherein when a new contact is created in Salesmate and condition is Tags = Lead.
- If yes, send them a welcome email.
- If no, exit the Automation.
Article is closed for comments.