This step checks for the value of the contact fields to decide how to move further in the automation journey.
How to use this conditional step?
- Let's drag-drop the Contact Field check condition step on the journey's canvas.
- Click on the step to choose from the contact's default fields, custom fields and smart fields using our condition builder with logical operations and define your checkpoint.
- Once the record reaches this step, it will be checked against selected conditions and immediately forwarded to the next step. This step has two output ports.
- Yes: This port triggers when all conditions match.
- No: This port triggers when any of the conditions fail to match.
Note: It is not required to connect both the output ports, but we suggest using Exit action when you don't want to record to continue the journey. It gives you a better idea of the record journey while checking action logs or timeline entries.
Suppose you want to send an email to contact if he is either from US or Canada and if his job title is CEO. If both the conditions meet, the contact moves to the next step and sends the email; otherwise, it should exit the automation journey.