This step checks for the value of the company fields to decide how to move further in the automation journey.
How to use this conditional step?
- Let's drag-drop the Contact Field check condition step on the journey's canvas.
- Click on the step to choose from the company's default fields, custom fields and smart fields using our condition builder with logical operations and define your checkpoint.
- Once the record reaches this step, it will be checked against selected conditions and immediately forwarded to the next step. This step has two output ports.
- Yes: This port triggers when all conditions match.
- No: This port triggers when any of the conditions fail to match.
Note: It is not required to connect both the output ports, but we suggest using Exit action when you don't want to record to continue the journey. It gives you a better idea of the record journey while checking action logs or timeline entries.
Suppose you want to send an email to contact if he is either from US or Canada and if his job title is CEO. But you also want to make sure if he is the CEO of the company with 11-100 employees.
In this case, we have used both contact and conditions. Whenever the conditions are matched, we send the record to the next step; otherwise we call the exit journey action.
This step checks the contact's county and his job title.
This step checks the value of the "No. of employee" field from the associated company record.