This step checks for the value of the activity fields to decide how to move further in the automation journey.
How to use this conditional step?
- Let's drag-drop the Activity Field check condition step on the journey's canvas.
- Click on the step to choose from the activity's default fields, custom fields and smart fields using our condition builder with logical operations and define your checkpoint.
- Once the record reaches this step, it will be checked against selected conditions and immediately forwarded to the next step. This step has two output ports.
- Yes: This port triggers when all conditions match.
- No: This port triggers when any of the conditions fail to match.
Note: It is not required to connect both the output ports, but we suggest using Exit action when you don't want to record to continue the journey. It gives you a better idea of the record journey while checking action logs or timeline entries.
Suppose you just finished a call whereas the contact person was very positive about your offerings or has passed details to his c-level suite and waiting for the reply. In such a case, you want to set up a followup call after two days.
In the above example, when the activity is closed with a tag "Positive" or "C-Suite Waiting" then the next followup activity is auto-created.