This step checks if the contact has visited a particular page or not to decide how to further move it in the automation journey.
Note: Requires additional website tracking setup. Currently offered only via our Chat Messenger module.
How to use this conditional step?
- Let's drag-drop the Visited Page check condition step on the journey's canvas.
- To configure the block, click on the block and a pop-up window will open up where you can check for the following:
- If the contact has visited Any page.
- If the contact has visited a Particular page or pages.
- The dropdown menu under Particular page or pages will have the following options:
- Is is used when you want the exact mapping to a specific website.
- Starts With is used when you have a list of websites with the same start URL.
- Ends With is used when you have a list of websites that end with a particular URL.
- Contains is used when you want to specify any string value under a URL
- Does not contain is used when your lead visits a page that does not contain a particular string under a URL.
- Wildcard is used when a lead visits a URL containing wildcard characters.
- In case the need be to check for the UTM parameters, you can toggle the option EXTRA CHECK FOR UTM VARIABLES.
What are UTM Variables?
UTM(Urchin Tracking Module) variables or parameters are basically short pieces of code that you can add to your links to get a sense of how people are finding your content. Learn more
The list of UTM variables that can be matched are as follows:
Suppose we send an offer email to customers who have subscribed to your system. If they haven't visited the offer page within one day, we can resend the offer email again as a reminder. And if they have viewed the page, we can tag with an "offer viewed" tag, leading to further automation or segmentation.