Starts the automation when a contact or a lead visits a page.
How to use Page Visited Trigger?
Page Visited trigger helps you to perform a set of collective actions or exit any of the currently running automation journey.
- Let's drag-drop the Page Visited trigger step on the journey's canvas.
- To configure the block, click on the block and a pop-up window will open up where you can trigger the journey based on the following:
- If the contact has visited Any page.
- If the contact has visited a Particular page or pages.
- The dropdown menu under Particular page or pages will have the following options:
- Is is used when you want the exact mapping to a specific website.
- Starts With is used when you have a list of websites with the same start URL.
- Ends With is used when you have a list of websites that end with a particular URL.
- Contains is used when you want to specify any string value under a URL
- Does not contain is used when your lead visits a page that does not contain a particular string under a URL.
- Wildcard is used when a lead visits a URL containing wildcard characters.
- In case the need be to check for the UTM parameters, you can toggle the option EXTRA CHECK FOR UTM VARIABLES.
What are UTM Variables?
UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) variables or parameters are basically short pieces of code that you can add to your links to get a sense of how people are finding your content. Learn more
The list of UTM variables that can be matched are as follows:
Suppose you are implementing lead scoring for your system and now, if any user visits the pricing page, then its score should be increased by a certain amount.
Or, if you are running a retargeting campaign and any user visits the page with a required utm_campaign or utm_term, it should be added to a separate list for further segmentation.