Starts the automation when a record’s date field matches to the defined condition.
How to use "Date Match" Trigger?
- Let's drag-drop the Date Match trigger step on the journey's canvas.
- Click on the step to choose from the module and field which should trigger this journey.
- Select Module - We can trigger an automation journey for contact, company, deal or activity record.
- Select Date Field - Select any of the predefined or custom date fields to trigger the journey.
- Execution Cycle - Select the frequency of the trigger point. The possible options are shared below.
- Once - Only trigger the journey once. Best suited for some time-bound activities like sending upgrade subscription email after 14 days of trial registration.
- Each time the condition is met - Triggers the journey each time the condition is met. Best suited to send feedback email to a customer after 2 days of the recently made purchase.
- Anniversary - Triggers the journey every year on a specific date. Best suited to trigger journeys birthday and anniversary dates.
- Date of Execution - Select if the execution on the exact day or few days before or after the condition is matched.
- Execution Time - Select the time when the trigger should start execution.
- Timezone - Select the timezone for the above select time.
NOTE : You can check the "Use contact's timezone if its set" to run automation journeys based on customers timezone and not the timezone which is provided in the setting.
We have configured the journey with the date match trigger, whereas "Execution Cycle" is Anniversary and "Date of Execution" is selected 7 days before the date. Now customers will get birthday greetings wishing them that their birthday is just a few days ahead and here is a unique discount code for them to make a purchase.