Once installed the Chrome Plugin for Salesmate will let you use Salesmate from within Gmail. It lets users share all records with each other be it Contacts, Companies, Deals or Activities.
By default, the activities lined for you will be listed i.e. My Activities view will be loaded as you sign in to the plugin using your Salesmate web app login credentials.
The Salesmate Chrome Extension for Gmail gives you full management of records - view all records and add them from the extension as well (contacts, companies, deals or activities); email tracking and email templates - just like you have in the Salesmate web app.
Click an email, and it will fetch the associated contact based on the email id. It will show all details about the contact, the timeline and related items like deals, activities, files, and emails. It also allows you to update the record, add a note, create an activity or a deal, send an email or delete the contact from right there.
In case it does not find that record you can quickly create a contact for it which cuts down on the manual entry you would have to do otherwise.
How to Install Salesmate Chrome Plugin
On the Google Chrome Web Store search for Salesmate Chrome Extension for Gmail to install the Chrome Plugin.
- Click on 'Add to Chrome' in the top right corner of the window.
Accept the Permissions
- Once installed you will see a Salesmate icon on the top of your browser.
- Inside Gmail, you will see a Salesmate icon which you can click to expand and view the information about the contact of the opened email.
Not using Chrome Browser, download it here for free.
Login to the Chrome Plugin
- You can choose to login using your Salesmate ID & password OR sign in with Google account that you registered with.
Adding Records ( Contact, Company, Deals, Activities )
- You can quickly add records ( contacts, companies, deals, and activities ) by hitting the + icon
Viewing Records ( Contact, Company, Deals, Activities )
- Quickly view your records by hitting the left drop down and selecting the module you want to view the records for.
- You can choose the pre-defined OR custom view as on the Salesmate web app when viewing records for that module.
- Also, you can sort based on the standard sort fields as that of the Salesmate web app.
- You can view the complete details of a record as you do on the web app's side / quick view on the chrome plugin.
Composing an Email and use of Salesmate Email templates
- While composing an Email from within Gmail, the Chrome plugin allows you to use the already created Email Templates on the Salesmate Web App and personalize your emails.
- You can preview the email template before you use it.
Email Open & Click Tracking, Email Logging.
- You can choose to track emails that you send out of your Gmail
- It allows you to know if the email was Delivered and Opened by the contact and even if they have clicked on any link you have included on that email.
- By default, the option to track emails is checked. You can choose to unselect it if you do not want to track an email.
- The emails that you send out of Gmail are automatically synced in case of the email account configured in two-way sync in Salesmate
- Optionally, you can choose to log the email in Salesmate by using the "Log Email" checkbox. This will add a Bcc address to log the email inside Salesmate and associate it with the record.
Uninstalling Salesmate Chrome Plugin
Uninstalling the Plugin will remove it entirely from the browser.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Click More tools
- Select Extensions
- Click the trash can icon Remove an extension from Chrome next to Salesmate App
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove
Upcoming features on the chrome plugin:
- Search records
- Email Scheduling
Visit our Integrations page to know more about various apps and integrations offered by us.