Similar to Google Calendar is the Microsoft Calendar which helps Microsoft users manage their day to day activities effectively and adds up to their productivity. Salesmate adds to it by letting you synchronize the activities created in it with Microsoft calendar or vice versa.
Enabling this integration will sync all your future events to the Microsoft Calendar. All your past events can be synchronized using the Update unsynced activities option.
Salesmate lets you sync
- Microsoft Exchange Calendar
- Office 365 Calendar
Note: This integration supports only Microsoft Business accounts.
How to add your Microsoft Calendar (Connecting your Microsoft account)?
- Hit the Profile Icon on the top right corner
- Go to My Account
- Go to Connected Accounts
- Click on New Account
- Select the account for which you want to sync the calendar - Microsoft
- Sign in with your Microsoft business account
- Select or Sign In to your relevant account
- Confirm the Password
- Grant permissions > (Review Apps Permissions)
- Click on Accept
- On successful authentication, the account will be added and listed in your list of connected accounts.
If you have configured two way email sync with Microsoft Business account, it will show under “Connected Account(s)” section by default
- In case you connect a Microsoft personal account. You will receive an error - "You cannot configure Microsoft personal account."
How to set up your Microsoft Calendar?
- Once you have added your account, this account will be listed under My Account > Calendar Sync > Connect Account
- Select the account you want to sync
- Select the respective calendar that you wish to sync (in case of multiple calendars in an account )
- Select the Event type
- Set the Event subject
- Select the type of Activities to sync and set the notifications for them
- Select the way the calendar will sync
- Sync all events between Calendar and Salesmate
- Only sync events added from Salesmate
- Hit Update to start the Calendar sync
How to set up notifications for your Microsoft Calendar?
As you configure your calendar you will be able to set the notifications for each event type
- Under the Activities to Sync heading in My Account > Calendar Sync
- Each activity has a notification setting
- This setting allows you to set notifications
- Hit the notification button beside the activity type to set the notification
- You can choose to receive notifications as Email
How to stop Calendar sync?
- Go to My Account > Calendar Sync
- You will see the calendar currently in sync
- Hit the Stop Sync button to stop the sync
How to remove your Microsoft Calendar?
To remove your calendar to sync you will have to first stop the calendar sync
- Go to My Account > Connected accounts > Delete
- Hit the delete link for the account you wish to remove
Note: Deleting this account will also remove it for email sending. Thus if you only wish to discontinue syncing the calendar, only stop the calendar sync and select the account you wish to sync.
How to Sync unsynced/previous activities
You can sync your unsynced or previous activities that did not sync prior to connecting your calendar
- Go to My Account > Calendar Sync
- The calendar in sync will be listed
- Hit the Upload unsynced activities to sync the unsynced or previous activities
How to Reauthorize your account?
It may happen that you changed your account password. In this, the sync will stop.
- To resume sync you will need to Reauthorize your account
- Go to My Account > Connect Account
- Hit Reauthorize before the account that you wish to reauthorize
- Reauthorize will prompt you to sign in and grant permissions to the respective account again