A. How to Add Contact
Contacts form an integral part of any Sales agents day-to-day business interactions.They store various everlasting information related to the contact right from their mobile number, alternate phone number, email address, twitter account, facebook account, etc.
- Contact can be a member of a Company.
- Contact can have multiple deals open in the system at a particular point in time.
Contacts can be added to the system by various methods:
- Contacts > Add Contact ( Contact Listing Page )
- Company > Add Associated Contact ( Add a Company Popup )
- Activity > Contact > Create New Contact ( Quick create a Contact )
- Deal > Contact > Create New Contact ( Quick create a Contact )
- Quick Add
B. How to Add Company
Companies are nothing but business entities related to the contacts a salesperson interacts with. You can find all Contact related to any Companies listed in its detail page, as well as any notes, activities, or actions performed on any Contact/ Deals related to the Companies.
- Multiple contacts can be associated with a company.
- Companies can also be associated with Activities and Deals.
- Organizations are profiles holding long-term information, e.g., company websites and addresses.
Companies can be added to the system by various methods:
- Company > Add Company ( Company Listing Page )
- Contact > Edit
- Activity > Company > Create New Company (Quick create a Company)
- Deal > Company > Create New Company ( Quick create a Company )
- Quick Add
C. Import Google Contact
Salesmate provides you with the ease of getting started by importing your Google Contacts.
- It may take a while for your google contacts to be imported depending on the number of contacts in your Google account.
- You can map your fields while importing the Google Contacts which lets you import data to custom fields too.
D. Importing Contacts
Contacts can be imported through .xls, .xlsx, .csv files
E. Importing Companies
Companies can be imported through .xls, .xlsx or .csv files
- Specify owner email address in Owner column of the file to be imported in the case of Owner other than the selected user.
- File size should not be greater than 5 MB
- The first row of the file will be treated as field name
- Date-Time Format entered in the sheet should be same as MMM DD, YYYY hh: mm A
- Do not use any special styles, combos filters or images. It may cause unexpected errors or the record will not be imported.
- By default, the character encoding is UTF-8 (Unicode). Any characters outside UTF-8 character set will be skipped.
- For Contact, duplicate check will be performed on email or phone number
- For Company, the duplicate check will be performed on the company name.