Note: The Delete function is available to users who have rights honored through Profile Permissions.
There are multiple ways to delete records from Salesmate. Typically the most efficient way depends mostly on how many records you need to delete or which particular group of records requires deletion.
About deleting records
- Only Admins can control whether standard users can delete deals through setting up of Profile Permissions.
- Admins can delete Deals, Contacts, companies, and Activities (Individual/Mass).
- Standard users cannot delete Contact, Company, Deal, or Activity until Delete is honored in Module level permissions and Mass Operations in Profile.
- Standard users can delete deals or activities, but only if given permission by the admin under Setup > Users & Permissions > Profile> Edit Profile.
- If you don't see the option to delete your Contact, Company, Deal, or Activity then you are not an admin. You'll need to have your Salesmate admin delete the record for you, or you'll need to seek a Profile with Delete rights.
Individually delete an item (Contact/Company/Deal/Activity) in its Detail View
To delete a Contact/Company from Salesmate, follow the instructions below:
From Detail Screen
- From your Salesmate account, navigate to Contacts / Company.
- Search for the Contact / Company you'd like to delete and select open the name of the contact.
- Click the Actions menu above the Contacts / Companies detail on the right and select Delete.
- You can also delete Contact / Company from the Contact's / Companies Dashboard.
- Navigate to Contact / Company.
- Check the box to the left of the Contacts / Companies you'd like to delete.
- Click the Actions menu on the header above the Contact's / Companies list and click Delete.
To delete an Activity from Salesmate, follow the instructions below:
- You can delete Activity from the Activities Dashboard or you can search for the Activity you'd like to delete
- Open the Title of the Activity.
- Click the 3 dot menu above the Activities detail on right and select Delete.
To delete a Deal from Salesmate, follow the instructions below:
- From your Salesmate account, Go to the Deal menu
- Search for the Deal you'd like to delete and click on the Title of the Deal to get into the detailed view
- Click the Actions menu (top right) and select Delete
- You can also delete Deal from the Deal preview
- Go to the preview of the deal
- Click on the ellipsis (3 dot menu) >> Delete
Note: If you delete a contact from Salesmate, all notes and activities logged on this contact record will also be deleted. These can be restored if you re-add the record to Salesmate since they are kept under Deleted Records section over a period of 30 days.
Bulk - delete records
From the list view of any module (Contact/ Company/ Deal/ Activity)
- Click on the check boxes of the records you wish to delete
- Click on the delete button(top option)
Mass - delete records
Mass Delete Records ( Delete any filtered list of contact/companies/activities/deals )
Any filtered list can be deleted in bulk. Example: You can filter your Contacts by custom fields you've created, or just about anything, and then delete only the Contacts that match your filter criteria. Once you select your filter, click the checkbox in the upper left corner; this will select ALL items in your filter, including any further down your screen.
To Mass Delete Records. Example: Mass Delete Contacts.
- Go to the Contact module >> Click on Action button (top right)
- Click on the three-dot vertical menus and navigate to "Mass Delete Contacts"
- Filter the records based on the criteria you wish to
- Your records will be listed upon Search
- Specify Criteria to delete records
- Select the records that need to be deleted
- Click on the Delete button, to delete records
- Confirm the message, to be deleted and stored under deleted records for 30 days
Permanently Deleting Records
CRM data always requires some housekeeping. Here's how you can permanently delete records if you do not need them any longer.
To Permanently Delete Records. Example: Delete Contacts.
- Click on Profile icon (top right) >> Setup
- Click on Deleted Records
- Select the Module and the Records you wish to delete permanently/ restore
- The notes will be sorted in descending order by default
- Select the records
- Delete / Delete All Records
Note: Permanently deleted records cannot be recovered.
Article is closed for comments.