How to avoid duplicates:
When importing your Contacts or Company data, you will be asked to select the option to avoid duplicates.
The options are:
- Merge Records: It updates an existing entry with the new fields if any and wipes off fields that are left blank. In case you do not wish to update a specific field you can skip it while in the mapping for import.
- Create multiple records: This will not check for duplicates and create a new record.
- Skip records: It will ignore the data fetched from the sheet and keep your record as it is.
Merging Duplicate Records
To merge the duplicate records,
- Go to Contacts.
- Click on the check box beside the name of the contacts that you want to merge. You can merge a maximum of 3 records at a time.
- Click on Merge.
- Select the fields you want to keep in your master record.
- Click on I understand, Merge Now to combine the records.
- Max of three records can be combined into one master record.
- All your conversations ( notes, emails, activities, deals ) with all the records, will be merged into one master record.