This FAQ relates to the latest changes to US A2P 10DLC Campaign registration. Since January 26, 2023, all new Salesmate US A2P 10DLC Campaign registrations (Standard, Low volume standard, and Sole Proprietor) are subject to a manual vetting process and be charged a $15 campaign verification fee at the time of external vetting. If a campaign is denied by external vetting, additional charges may occur with re-submission.
Why does Campaign registration require vetting and is this a Salesmate-specific requirement?
- This is an industry-wide requirement intended to reduce spam, fraud, and unwanted messaging, and protect SMS as a trusted communications channel in the U.S. Every messaging provider who services A2P Campaigns is required to conduct this vetting.
How do the Campaign Vetting fees fit in with existing registration fees?
- The below table details the existing registration fees and new registration fees:
|Sole Prop (upcoming)||Low Volume Standard||Standard|
|Brand registration fee (one time)||$4||$4||$4|
|Secondary vetting fee (one time)||-||-||$40|
|Monthly campaign fee (monthly recurring)||$2||$1.5-$10 (depending on the use case type)||$1.5-$10 (depending on the use case type)|
|Campaign verification fee (one time)||$15||$15||$15|
How does this affect Salesmate Campaign Registration?
- A newly submitted Salesmate Campaign will be put in a “In Progress” state until it has been vetted and approved in the manual vetting process. Customers can only send compliant messages on the A2P route once the Campaign is fully approved.
What will determine whether a Campaign passes or fails this vetting?
- To help ensure your Campaigns are approved in this vetting process, please follow these best practices in Salesmate A2P Campaign Approval Best Practices.
How long does Campaign Vetting take?
- All Campaign approvals are subject to a manual vetting process. A2P 10DLC registration currently takes at least 3 weeks due to higher than normal volume of requests. Campaign submissions initiated at this time will most likely not be available before the August 31, 2023 A2P registration deadline. We are working internally and with our industry partners to improve the vetting times. We continue to escalate these issues and are working to reduce delays wherever possible.
Will I get my $15 back if my Campaign fails vetting?
- No, the $15 Campaign vetting fee is non-refundable. Salesmate is working on an expedited pre-screening process to catch issues prior to the Campaign being sent for external vetting. We will share more news on this once we have an update.
Are existing Campaigns affected by this change?
- All Campaigns created after January 26th, 2023 require this Campaign Vetting process. If this changes for prior Campaigns, we will communicate any new vetting requirements.
Does the vetting process and $15 fee also extend to “post-approval” Campaigns like Agents/Franchise and Proxy? If yes, does it occur before the carrier approval, after the carrier approval, or instead of the carrier approval?
- Yes, it applies to post-approval Campaigns. It happens after carrier approval.
What can I do if my campaigns are rejected?
- For more information on Campaign registration best practices and what you can do if your Campaign is rejected see Why Was My A2P 10DLC Campaign Registration Rejected?
Are there exceptions to these changes?
- Toll-free messaging remains an attractive alternative to A2P 10DLC. Toll-Free messaging does require a verification process but does not rely on Brand and Campaign registration.