In Salesmate you can create a Look Up field to link one record to another, establishing a relationship between them.
How to create Product Look Up Field
To create a Product Look field,
- Navigate to the Profile Icon on the top right corner
- Click on the Set Up
- Head to the Modules Category
- Click on any module (Contact, Company, Activity, Deal, or Custom Module if created)
- Head to the All Detail Form Fields section
- Click on the Add New Field to create a new Field
- Locate the Look Up Type option
- Associate Contacts With Select the module you want to associate with the Contacts module. You can select the Contact/ User/ Company/ Product/ Custom Module.
- Here, you can select the Product module to set up the relationship
Association Type: Select the Type from the following,
- Single: This option allows you to associate a single selected module record with a record that you are creating a Look Up field for
- Multiple: This option allows you to associate multiple selected module records with a record that you are creating a Look Up field for
- Field Label: Name the primary relationship with the record using the Label Field (Eg: Preferred Product)
- Internal Name: This name is helpful for API integrations and cannot be changed once created
- Association Label: Name the reverse relationship with the record using the Associated Label Field (Eg: Preferred By)
- Section: Select the Section you wish the Field to fall under
- Help Text: Provide additional information to help your teammates understand the purpose of the field
- Once you have entered all the details, you can select
- Appear in quick creation form: to display this field in the quick creation form.
- Required: If the Field should be mandatory
- Once done click on Save
How do Lookup fields appear inside Salesmate
- They will appear in the form of widgets inside the right sidebar of the Detail View. You can re-order the position of the widget as per your requirement using the Custom Layout.