Once you have enabled the product module you can choose to customize the product layout based on your business needs.
To customize the products:
- Click on the profile icon on the top right corner
- Go to Setup > Customizations > Product
- You will see the default layout of the product.
- You can choose to:
- re-order the fields
- activate / deactivate fields
- add custom sections and fields
- Hit on the Form Preview to view how exactly the entry form would look like.
Re-order product fields:
- Simply drag and arrange the fields in the order you want them to be displayed
Activate/ Deactivate product fields:
- The default product fields are active
- You can choose to mark them as inactive by simply dragging them to the inactive section on the right
- Move a field from the inactive section and drop it at the desired place to make it active
Add custom product section and fields:
- Click on the drop-down on Add Custom field button to Add New Section for the product.
- Give it a name and choose the section's layout - One column / Two column layout
- Hit Save to create the section
- Hit the Add Custom field button to add a custom field to the product
- Choose the field type, give it a name (field label) and choose the section you want it to be added in, select if you want to make it as a required field and hit Save to add the custom field.
Default product layout:
- Name (required, locked, fixed layout )
- SKU/Code (locked)
- Currency (required, locked)
- Sale Price (required, locked, default value = 0)
- Active for Sales (locked)
- Description (not required, removable)
- Tags (not required, removable)
locked - this field cannot be removed from the layout nor marked as inactive
removable - can be removed from layout and marked as inactive
fixed layout - position of this field cannot be changed
Custom product section and fields:
Custom product layout:
Editing product section and fields:
- To edit the section/field hover over the field to reveal the edit button (pencil icon)
- Click the pencil icon to edit the field/section
- Click the trash icon to delete the field/section
- If it is a system field it will allow you to rename it OR mark it as required
- If is a custom field you can choose to delete it too