When you have a sales or a support email address that receives a high volume of emails, your sales/service reps would not always be able to respond to all the emails assigned to them.
If the emails are made visible to everybody in the team, then the teammates can simply choose emails that haven't been responded to and send replies.
So the next time someone in your team is away from work, his emails don't have to wait until he arrives. People in your team can take turns and reply to them.
Your Team Inbox becomes the common room for all Teammates to read and reply to emails that your company receives.
Note: Available in the Growth Plan.
Once you have logged into Salesmate CRM, you will be redirected to the Dashboard.
- To reach Team Inbox, click on the email icon on the top right
- The Email menu on the header will now give you two options:
- Team Inbox
- Select Team Inbox to configure it.
Once you have selected Team Inbox, click on +Add Team Inbox
Step 2 :
After clicking on the + Add button, you will be required to authenticate using your credentials.
Enter the Email Address and the Name you want for your team inbox.
The email addresses that can be entered are:
- Office 365
Once you click on the Next button , you will be asked what kind of account do you have.
- If records are found from G Suit ,then the user is required to select the account type from the following:
- G suit (Google Apps) or Gmail Account: Sync your G suit or Gmail account emails with Salesmate. You will need to authorize the account to start email syncing.
- Google Group: Sync your Google group emails using email forwarding mechanism.
- If records are found from Office 365, then the user is required to select the account type from the following:
- Microsoft's Office 365(Online Hosted):Sync your office 365 account emails with Salesmate. You will need to authorize the account to start email syncing.
- Microsoft Distribution Group: Sync your Microsoft Distribution Group email forwarding mechanism.
- In case if the records are not from Google or office 365 then you will be redirected to Email Forwarding Setup where:
- You will be redirected to a screen where you will be provided with an email address, which can be used for email forwarding.
- The same screen will be used when Google group or Microsoft distribution group is selected.
- Click on Learn how to configure forwarding.
- Hit on the save button.
Custom SMTP-Forwarding Address
In case of Forwarding in Yahoo follow the following steps;
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon. | ...
- Click Accounts.
- Click the primary Yahoo account.
- Go down and select Forward.
- Enter the forwarding address.
- Select Store and forward or Store and forward and mark as read.
- Click Verify. - A verification email will be sent to that email address.
- Click Save.
Configuring Team Inbox
- Once you have selected the email address as G Suite or Gmail Account/Microsoft's Office, you will be required to enter the email you want to sync your team Inbox with
- Once the email address is entered, you will be asked for How many old emails you want to fetch inside to start with Support team inbox?
- You could choose for an option from 30,60,90 or All days respectively.
- Click on the Start button.
The sync will then take place depending on the days you select.The page will then include the details required to Configure the team inbox.
- Name: You can change the name of your team inbox from here.
- Forwarding Email: This will be the current forwarding address(Appears only if you have selected Google Group or Microsoft Distribution Group).
- Color Code: Colors will appear on every conversation that is part of the inbox.This is used for identifying emails with a quick glance.
- Conversations will be counted as new after : Whenever a conversation receives a mail after it has become inactive or if a reply is not sent within the selected period, then it will be considered as new in the analytics.
- Auto assign conversations on the first reply:If this option is enabled, then anyone in the team who replies to that conversation first will be auto-assigned that conversation.
- Do you want to track your email? :It tracks the outgoing emails for open tracking and link tracking.
- Do you want to track clicks for the links which are sent in your email? : It overwrites every link to track every clicks in email.
- Auto BCC: If this option is enabled then the user will be asked to provide multiple email address separated by semicolons , and each outgoing email will BCC that email to the email addresses mentioned.
- Auto Follow: The user will automatically be added to the auto-follow list of an email whenever he/she replies or adds a note to a conversation which is not assigned to them.
- Access Settings: By default everyone.You can let the access settings shared with everyone or either with any selected users.
- Everyone:Everyone in the company will be able to access the team inbox.They can also reply using the email address.
- Selected Users: Using this only the users you want access the settings can be selected from your current Salesmate account.You can define multiple teammates separated by semicolons.
- The email that has been synced will appear at the end of the configuration page where the mail can be is reauthorized.
- After the configuration is done, click on the Save button.
Once the configuration is done, you can view your team inbox under All Inboxes .