When you have a sales or a support email address that receives a high volume of emails, your sales/service reps would not always be able to respond to all the emails assigned to them.
If the emails are made visible to everybody on the team, then the teammates can simply choose emails that haven't been responded to and send replies. So the next time someone in your team is away from work, his emails don't have to wait until he arrives. People in your team can take turns and reply to them.
Your Team Inbox becomes the common room for all Teammates to read and reply to emails that your company receives.
Note: Available in the Growth Plan and above.
- Navigate to Team Inbox under Left Menu Bar.
- Click on Add Team Inbox button.
- Enter the Email Address and the Name you want for your team inbox.
- The email addresses that can be entered are:
- Office 365
- Others (Example: Yahoo, custom SMTP)
- Click on the Next button.
- Select your account type.
- If records are found from G-Suit, then the user is required to select the account type from the following:
- G-suit (Google Apps) or Gmail Account: Sync your G-suit or Gmail account emails with Salesmate. You will need to authorize the account to start email syncing.
- Google Group: Forward your Google Group to your Team Inbox.
- If records are found from Office 365, then the user is required to select the account type from the following:
- Microsoft's Office 365(Online Hosted): Sync your office 365 account emails with Salesmate. You will need to authorize the account to start email syncing.
- Microsoft Distribution Group: Forward your Microsoft Distribution Group to your Team Inbox.
- In case the records are not from Google or Office 365 then you will be redirected to Email Forwarding Setup.
- You will need to enter the forwarding address showing here in your custom SMTPs. How to set up email forwarding.
- Click on Save.
Custom SMTP-Forwarding Address
In the case of Forwarding, how to set up forwarding will depend on the email provider you are using. As an example, we have taken Yahoo to show the steps.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the primary Yahoo account.
- Go down and select Forward.
- Enter the forwarding address.
- Select Store and forward or Store and forward and mark as read.
- Click Verify:
- A verification email will be sent to the email address that you are using for forwarding.
- Click Save.
Configuring Team Inbox
- Once you have selected the email address as G Suite or Gmail Account/Microsoft Office, you will be required to enter the email you want to sync to your team Inbox.
- Once the email address is entered, you will be asked:- How many old emails do you want to fetch inside to start with your team inbox?
- Choose an option from 30,60,90 or All days.
- Click on the Start button.
The sync will take time depending on how many days you have selected and how many emails are getting synced.
- You can Configure the team inbox setting over to the page you are redirected.
- Name: You can change the name of your team inbox from here.
- Forwarding Email: This will be the current forwarding address (Appears only if you have selected Google Group or Microsoft Distribution Group or Others (Like Yahoo!)).
- Color Code: Colors will appear on every conversation that is part of the inbox. This is used for identifying emails with a quick glance.
- Conversations will be counted as new after: Whenever a conversation receives a mail after it has become inactive or if a reply is not sent within the selected period, then it will be considered as new in the analytics.
- Auto-assign conversations on the first reply: If this option is enabled, then anyone in the team who replies to that conversation first will be auto-assigned that conversation.
- Do you want to track your email? : It tracks the outgoing emails for open tracking and link tracking.
- Do you want to track clicks for the links which are sent in your email? : It overwrites every link to track every click in an email.
- Use custom SMTP for outgoing emails: Here you can connect your custom SMTP for outbound emails from Team Inbox.
- Auto BCC: If this option is enabled then the user will be asked to provide multiple email addresses separated by semicolons, and each outgoing email will BCC that email to the email addresses mentioned.
- Auto Follow: The user will automatically be added to the auto-follow list of an email whenever he/she replies or adds a note to a conversation that is not assigned to them.
- Access Settings: You can share the team inbox with specific users or with everyone by changing the access settings.
- Everyone: Everyone in the company will be able to access the team inbox. They can also reply using the email address.
- Selected Users: You can enter the users who can access the team inbox. You can define multiple teammates separated by semicolons.
- The email that has been synced will appear at the end of the configuration page where the mail can be reauthorized.
- Click on the Save button once the configuration is complete.
You can view your team inbox under All Inboxes.
You can Setup the email threading preference for the email communication under the team inbox, please refer to How emails are threaded to get more information