Using Salesmate, you can set a caller id (mask) your Salesmate number with your existing one; this helps give your conversations a personal touch with your customers and maintain a closer relationship with them. Avoiding you of the hassle of having to update the number where it is already published.
How to mask your phone number?
- Click on the profile icon top right corner
- Click on Setup
- Head to App & Addons > Voice
- Click on the "Verify Numbers" Tab
- Add the number you would like to verify
- Click on "Verify Number"
- An OTP will be generated on the screen
- You will receive an automated call asking you to enter the above OTP.
- Once verified you successfully the number will be listed in the list of verified numbers tab.
- Now you can use this number as a Caller ID for your Salesmate number.
To set the number as your Caller ID :
- Head to the General tab.
- Your existing numbers will be listed here
- Click on the Edit button(under actions) for the number you want to mask it against
- Enable the "Call Masking" option for this number.
- Select the number you would like to mask from your list of verified number/s
- Click on Save.
- Verified numbers can be used as a Caller ID for outbound calls through Salesmate only.
- You will not be able to receive inbound calls to Salesmate over this number.
- Incoming calls to the verified number will continue to route through the existing service provider (your wireless service, landline provider, etc.).
- If you would like to receive incoming calls through Salesmate, you may be able to forward your calls to a Salesmate phone number via your service provider.
- Alternate, you may port (transfer) your phone number over to Salesmate