Using Salesmate, you can set a caller id (mask) your Salesmate number with your existing one; this helps give your conversations a personal touch with your customers and maintain a closer relationship with them. Avoiding you of the hassle of having to update the number where it is already published.
Masking Phone Number
- Navigate to the Profile Icon on top right corner.
- Click on Setup.
- Head over to App & Addons.
- Click on Voice.
- Click on the "Verify Numbers" Tab.
- Add the number you would like to verify.
- Click on "Verify Number"
- An OTP will be generated on the screen.
- You will receive an automated call asking you to enter the above OTP.
- Once verified successfully the number will be listed in the list of verified numbers tab.
- Now you can use this number as a Caller ID for your Salesmate number.
Setting up Phone Number as Caller ID
- Head over to the General tab.
- Your existing numbers will be listed here
- Click on the Edit button(under actions) for the number you want to mask it against
- Enable the "Call Masking" option for this number.
- Select the number you would like to mask from your list of verified number/s
- Click on Save.
- Verified numbers can be used as a Caller ID for outbound calls through Salesmate only.
- You will not be able to receive inbound calls to Salesmate over this number.
- Incoming calls to the verified number will continue to route through the existing service provider (your wireless service, landline provider, etc.).
- If you would like to receive incoming calls through Salesmate, you may be able to forward your calls to a Salesmate phone number via your service provider.
- Alternatively, you may port (transfer) your phone number over to Salesmate
Article is closed for comments.