While an employee goes on a vacation or is away for the day it's best for them to mark themselves as away. This will play the unavailable message when a contact calls on their number if they are the only user assigned to the particular number.
They can do so by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to the Phone Icon in the top right bar
- Head over to the Settings tab
- Disable the Available to take phone calls (greyed out)
- This will set the user to Unavailable
- This turns the phone icon Red in color indicating that the user has set themselves to unavailable to receive phone calls.
Note: If there is more than one user assigned to a number then the call will ring on the next available user to whom the number is assigned.
- Users can add/assign another user ( their supervisor/manager/colleague ) to the number who can answer calls in their absence
- Users can set up forwarding by updating their phone number availability to Forward calls to mobile phones ( Only check this option. Make sure you have a number mentioned in the mobile field of your My account )