There are two options you might want to consider when embedding a video in your email.
- You can either add a GIF of your video with the label "Click here to watch full video".
- You can add a still photo of your video, and when subscribers click the "Play" button, they'll be re-routed to your video's URL.
How to Create a GIF Image of Your Video
- Find the URL of the video you want to include, or download and save it to your computer.
- Go to Imgflip.com - a tool that enables you to create GIFs of videos.
- Choose a starting point and endpoint for your GIF.
- Download your GIF.
- Add the GIF in our email by uploading it to the Email Media Manager, and add a video CTA linking to the full video.
How to Create a Still Image of Your Video With a Play Button
- Take a screenshot of the paused section of the video.
- When paused the video, it automatically includes a "Play" button. To add one to a still image, go to the website Add Play Button to Image, upload your image, choose a play button design, and click "Create Play Button Image". Then, click "Download Image".
- Next, simply click "Insert Image" in your email to include the image with the Play button. Then, highlight the image and select "Insert Link". Copy-and-paste the link to the full video.
- When a user clicks on your image, they'll be redirected to the full video. Make sure the video is set to auto-play so the user doesn't have to click "Play" again.