Schedule Chat Journeys to deliver them to your website visitors.
To schedule a Chat Journey, follow the steps:
- Go to Messenger in the sidebar, and select Chat Journeys.
- Click on the name of Chat Journey that you want to schedule OR hover on its name and click on the Actions menu that appears then click on 'Settings'.
- Configure the scheduling options as per your requirement then save your changes and publish the Chat Journey.
In the settings you will see the following scheduling options:
Start Time: Set a time for your chat journey to start sending when the trigger condition matches.
- Immediately: Choose this option to start sending chat journeys with immediate effect.
- Custom: Choose this option to set a custom date and time to start sending chat journeys.
Stop Time: Set a time for your chat journey to stop sending.
- Never: Choose this option if you want that journey should never stop sending.
- Custom: Choose this option if you want to set any custom date and time to stop sending the chat journey.
By default, Immediately and Never values are set for the above options, but if you select custom in start time then it takes today's date by default. And if you select custom in stop time then it sets +7 days by default but it can be changed.
Frequency: Choose how frequently should a journey be sent to a website visitor when trigger conditions are matched.
- Show only once: A chat journey will be sent to the visitor only one time when he matches the trigger conditions.
- Show every time the trigger is matched: A chat journey will be sent every time the conditions are matched. But it is limited to a minimum of once a day.
Time Window: Choose during what time should the journey be delivered to the visitor.
- Any time: When you select this option, the time can be random when journey is delivered.
- During office hours: When you select this option, a journey will be sent to him during office hours only.
- Outside office hours: When you select this option, a journey will be sent to him outside the office hours. Learn more about office hours
Once you have configured your scheduling options, you can further change the display option where you can set an avatar image that will be displayed with every message of Chat Journey, and the name of the chatbot which you want to display for the Chat Journey.
Once you're finished with the changes click on the Save button displayed in the top bar to save your settings to sync them with your journey.
Note: Scheduling options run as per the organization's timezone and not based on the customer or visitor's timezone. For example, the organization's timezone is EST (New York), and the customer's timezone is London (UK). In this case, when you schedule a message to send at 10 AM on Tuesday, it will send to your customer at 3 PM on Tuesday.