Making VOIP calls from Salesmate just got easier!
Salesmate now gives you an ability to customize which app you would like to make calls from, making it possible to set up Skype calls or SMS, calls with Lync, call via Google voice and many SIP-based phone systems.
Note: User with administrator profile can do this.
To setup the calling configuration:
- Go to Setup >> Customizations >> Calling configurations
- You can setup multiple click-to-call options from page
- Each click to call option will require following fields
- Provider label, which will be shown at the time of initiating calls from the screen.
- Syntax, which will be used by Salesmate to call protocols which will be listened by the browser or installed apps.
- Hit save to store all those options. After this, if you will hit on any phone numbers or mobile number in the system then it will give you the option to select your calling choice.
- You can check with your SIP/phone vendor for details on how to use their services with browser based links. However, here are some of the most common syntaxes that might be useful:
- skype:[number]?call — Skype call
- skype:[number]?chat — Skype SMS
- sip:[number]@gateway.com — SIP phone handler (check with your service provider for details)
- facetime://[number] — Apple FaceTime call
- tel:[number] — Default phone call handler
- callto:[number] — Default phone call handler that commonly triggers a Skype call
- sms:[number] — Default SMS handler
Note: This facility only allows you to make calls using the configured app and does not have the facility to record or log calls.
If you are looking for features like call logging, call recording, call transfer please refer to Salesmate Built-in Voice & Text OR Ring Central Integration features.