Salesmate supports the ability to have any of your existing phone numbers ported into your account.
Porting a telephone number is a six-step process that can take up to 4-6 weeks depending on the type of number you are porting and the country the number is located in. The process includes a lot of coordination between your current carrier to transfer your number(s) to Salesmate. We offer these steps for the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
WARNING: Porting a number into Salesmate may stop service of that number with your existing provider. Please ensure this does not interfere with any contract or other services you may have tied to that number or carrier.
To start the port process:
You can submit the Porting Consent Form with the required documents
- Download and complete the attached LOA form. Remember to include all numbers and sign it.
- Take a screenshot or submit an image of a recent invoice from the previous service provider which proves the ownership of the number (or) the Customer Service Record for the phone number. **Please ensure that the name & the address on the LOA matches the one on the Invoice/Customer Service Record.
- Please send an email to [email protected] with the signed LOA from step #1 and the documents from step #2. In that email include the following:
- Do you need SMS functionality for the number(s)?
- Is this a Wireless Port? If Yes, Please share the wireless account PIN/Passcode.
- Your preferred Port request date (Your port request date should be after 10-14 business days from the date the documents are verified)
- Ensure that you have a local address while you are requesting porting for that location. Ex. a local US address for a number to be ported for US.
- Please ensure your number is in service during the port process. Any service interruption during this process would lead to the cancellation of the port
- Please ensure there is a minimum balance of $5/Number in your account at the time of completion of Port.
- Once we have these above-said documents, We will be able to process your Port In request. Please do not hesitate to contact us back in case you have any queries in this regard.
Port your Google Voice number
You can port Google Voice numbers to Salesmate as long as they are 10-digit US numbers.
In order to port a number away from Google Voice, you must unlock the numbers through your Google account.
Instead of an official billing document, you must submit a screenshot of the page that confirms you have unlocked the numbers in your Google account. Please take a screenshot of the Google Voice settings page making sure the unlocked phone numbers and your email address appear in the screenshot.
It's important to confirm that the first name, last name, and address you provide on the Letter of Authorization match those in your profile exactly.
Port your Skype or VoIP number
You can port non-traditional or VoIP numbers to Salesmate as long as they are 10-digit US numbers.
If you do not have an official billing document, you can submit a screenshot of your account page that includes your username and the phone number(s) included in your port request.
It's important to confirm that the first and last name you provide on the Letter of Authorization match the name in your account profile exactly.