What is a Tag?
A tag is a label attached to the record for the purpose of identification and grouping the records.
Salesmate lets you attach tags to Contacts, Companies, Activities, and Deals. Tagging can be useful when you need something to quickly filter a particular set of records.
Tags are a great way to manage your records, perform workflow actions on them and automize your sales process.
Filtering the records via Tag
Adding a tag
You can add a tag directly to the record.
Go to the record where you want to apply the tag >> Tags >> Start Adding the tag and hit enter, This will auto-create a tag and append it to the record.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Go to Setup > Customizations > Tag Management.
- Click the "+Add Tag" button.
- Give a Tag Name >> Click on Add.
Renaming / Editing Tags
To rename or edit a tag:
- Go to Setup >> Customizations >> Tag Management
- Click on the Edit (pencil) icon before a tag name.
- Give a new Tag Name >> Hit Update.
When you delete a tag it will delete the tag and remove it from all the associated records.
To delete a tag:
- Go to Setup >> Customizations >> Tag Management.
- Click on the Delete (trash) icon before a tag name.
- Confirm deletion >> Hit Delete.
Note: Deleting or removing tags can cause associated views, reports, filters, and workflows to stop working.
Bulk update Tags
To bulk update tags:
- Go to any module >> Select the records on which you wish to update the tags.
- Hit Update button.
- Select the Tag field.
- Select the bulk update operation: remove, append, or equal.
- Append: This adds a new tag to your existing tag. You could now see the new tag has been added keeping the old tag as well.
- Remove: This will remove the entered tag from the record.
- Equal: This will associate the entered tag with the record and remove all the other tags.
How to Filter Records with Tags?
Tags are a great way to manage and Filter Records. It helps you keep your data handy whenever you need them. If you have imported or created records with certain Tags and you want to Filter records for future use and manage it as a view, you can follow below steps -
- Go to Contacts
- Click on Filter Icon
- Select Tag from "Contact" selection
- Filter your Tags with the required combination
- Click on "Save as View" to save the view for future usage
- You can edit the view for future use as well
- Views can be accessed anytime