Do you have these questions -
Having trouble lately connecting your Gmail Alias accounts?
Why your Gmail alias account is not working anymore?
We have answers to all your queries, recently Gmail has update its policies and has stopped support for all personal free Gmail accounts.This would mean that you need to have a Corporate / Enterprise Gmail account to access this feature.
What if you have enterprise Gmail account and still not able to connect your alias account with Salesmate, don't worry there is now a secured way to do it. Gmail has brought in a new way of doing so with the help of - Sign in using App Passwords
An App password is a 16-digit passcode that gives an app or device permission to access your Google Account.
If you use 2-Step-Verification and are seeing a “password incorrect” or "Cannot connect to SMTP Server" error when trying to access your Google Account, an App password may solve the problem.
Most of the time, you’ll only have to enter an App password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it.
How to generate an App password?
- Visit your App password page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.
- Select your Gmail account
- Sign in to your account
(App passwords let you sign in to your Google Account from apps on devices that don't support 2-Step Verification. You'll only need to enter it once so you don't need to remember it.)
- Select the app and device you want to generate the app password for
- App Should be Other (Custom name)
- Mention the Name of the App for reference
- Click on Generate
- Copy the password generated
- Now that your password is generated, you can use it to sign in inside Salesmate SMTP Email account settings
- Once the password is generated you should receive a confirmation email
- Copy the password
- Go to Salesmate (your personal Salesmate domain xxxxxxx.salesmate.io)
- Click on your Profile Icon
- Click on My Account
- Click on Email Settings
- Go to SMTP Tab
- Click on Add Email Account
- Select Custom SMTP
- Fill in the required information
- *User Name - your email address
- *Password - the new password generated from app
- From Name - Your Name to be displayed
- *From Email - The Alias Email Address you want to set
- *host - smtp.gmail.com
- *port - 587
- Secure - TLS
Once connected it should reflect as shown below and you are good to go
Visit : Google support if needed - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
Send email with alias account from your Salesmate mail box -