Our system generates the file correctly, but Excel is not showing the language character properly, because it is not able to recognise the characters of the language.
A common reason for this is when the language in the CSV file is not the one you use in Excel. For example, you usually view files in English, and the CSV is in Chinese. The file will open correctly in notepad (or another text editor), and the characters will display properly.
There are two ways to view the file correctly in Excel.
I) Import the file in Excel as a CSV and set the File Origin to Unicode (UTF-8). You can do it by following the steps below:
- Go to 'File' in Excel and select the option to 'Import' a file.
- Choose to import the file in CSV format.
- Select the file from where it's stored in your system.
- A window will open up with an option to change the File Origin.
- Select Unicode (UTF-8) from the drop-down.
- Click Finish.
II) Install the Excel language pack for the specific language. More details here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.