What is Relative Sequence?
A Relative sequence is a series of emails, calls or text messages to be sent with relative timings to a set of contacts.
For example, you want to send 2 emails to a contact in a day, you could use the Minutes or Hours execution to send the emails.
How to setup relative sequences?
While creating a sequence step, if you select "Minutes" or "Hours "as wait duration, it will work as a relative sequence. The next action time will be calculated based on the Execution of the current step.
With relative sequence, you get an option to select the execution time of different stages as “0” minutes or “0” hours, through this case, you get an option to trigger all the different stages at the same time.
This allows you to test your sequences before enrolling your contacts.
You can also enable the" Day time window "option to make sure the emails are delivered during business hours.
What is a day time window?
At times you want the outgoing emails / texts to be sent during particular timings or on business timings only then this setting helps you to execute stages accordingly.
For instance, You want to send an email to a customer after 2 hours of purchasing your product / services, but if the customer subscribes to a service at 9 PM, then you don't want to send him an email at 11 PM at night but you would want that email to go next day at 9 AM.
To configure this setting, follow these steps:
- Login to your Salesmate account
- Go to Sequence menu
- Open the Sequence on which you want to set this setting
- Under Settings tab, find Day Time Window
- Once you enable that option
- You could choose the Start time and End time.
- If day time window is not enabled then the execution timings will be default 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in your timezone.
It's best to enable day time window and select the time range if you want to run sequence steps outside of these hours.
- If you have enabled the contact's timezone option for sequences, this window will work based on the contact's timezone.
- Day time window also follows the execution days criteria.
E.g., If you have selected sequences to execute on weekdays only and if the sequence steps fall outside the daytime window on Friday, then the text will directly go on Monday and not on Saturday.